Join Us

We are 220,346 members in 84 forums discussing 161,892 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: 2 years today

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: May 14, 2008 09:37PM

cheryl58 wrote:

Hi all,

Well, today, May 15, is my two-year anniversary since hearing the infamous words flow from my doctor's lips.  I couldn't help but stop back to the first place that I found comfort. There were so many wonderful, caring ladies that helped pull me through those first days, weeks and months with their knowledge, reassurance and hope for the future.  I want to say thank you to all the wonderful women on this board that are here day and night to help all the "newbies" find their way through the maze of this disease.  I know I couldn't have made it without you. I see a lot of names that I do not know which saddens me because that only means that many more women were diagnosed since I have been here.  I hold you all dear to my heart and will never forget the kindness and compassion that I found here.  Thank you all so much!

Cheryl

Diagnosed 5/15/06 (the day after Mother's Day): ILC, 7 mm, Stage 1, Grade 1, ER+/PR++, HER2- (Bilateral mast - no recon, 4 A/C and now tamoxifen).

Page 1 of 1 (14 results)

Posts 1 - 14 (14 total)

May 15, 2008 06:56AM waterlily wrote:

This is a great place, Cheryl! Thanks for checking in.  Best wishes to you as you move forward.

waterlily - Since we're only here for a while, we might as well show some style - JT Dx 6/2005, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 13/18 nodes, mets, ER+/PR-, HER2-

May 15, 2008 07:12AM candie1971 wrote:

Cheryl, congrats on 2 years!!! Mine is coming up soon. May you have continued good health!

Good friends are like stars....you don't always see them but you know they are always there. Dx 5/26/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 15, 2008 06:51PM cheryl58 wrote:

Thank you, waterlily and candie, for your sentiments!  I wish you both well also!!  There is just something about coming here that feels a bit like "home".  It is so comforting to know that you are among those that understand. 

May 15, 2008 07:08PM Gitane wrote:

Cheryl, Nothing better to hear than a success story. Long life!

May 15, 2008 07:43PM wishiwere wrote:

How wonderful!  Wishing you many, many more anniversery's!

And you are right.  This place is a Godsend from above.  A very caring and well-informed site to help all through this mess we find ourselves in!

wishiwere~ Path read stage 1C- 1st Primary was IDC w/DCIS 1.4 cm, ER/PR+ & HER2- Dx 9/21/2007, ILC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 16, 2008 06:48AM Lynn12 wrote:

Cheryl,

Congratulations on 2 years! YAY! My 2 years will be in November, I'm looking forward to that milestone!

Best wishes for many many more anniversaries!

Lynn Dx 11/7/2006, ILC, 6cm+, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 17, 2008 06:35PM melmedic06 wrote:

cheryl- a milestone indeed- good for you!! i hope you celebrated by dancing with NED- i will have my 3 year anniversary of my 2nd dx in august and my 4 year anniversary of my 1st dx in october- i still find so much strength and comfort in these boards and i too feel sad when i see so many new names and with a diagnosis date of may of 2008- they are only beginning their journey and have so much more to take in and to try to deal with- i hope they all have strong family support- lot's of good friends and excellent doctors-  wonderful to read your good news- may you remain cancer free -

ILC  october 04   0.9cms   lumpectomy  radiation  arimidex

DCIS  august 05  lumpectomy radiation arimidex

life is like a river it takes you where you belong not where you think you should be

May 18, 2008 10:28PM cheryl58 wrote:

Thank you all so much for your well wishes.  I hope that we all have many more happy years of milestones ahead of us.  I may have to stop back to the board more often now to get reacquainted (or acquainted) with everybody that is here.  It is like running into an old friend Smile!

May 19, 2008 01:22PM UmmFaisal wrote:

Congratulations on the anniversary Cheryl! I wish you and all the other beautiful ladies on this site continued continued good health,Gods blessings and many more dances with NEDs

May 19, 2008 07:12PM LauraGTO wrote:

Cheryl - Oh my! What a wonderful post...thanks...

You have a very good prognosis...best wishes to you!

With hope there are possibilities. Dx 7/2005, ILC, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 26, 2008 12:42PM cheryl58 wrote:

Hi UmmFaisal and Laura!

Thank you both so much for your responses.  It is always nice not to celebrate alone! 

Laura!!!  You were the first person here to help me in those dark, dark hours.  I will NEVER forget you!  It was nice to see your post and your beautiful face again!

May 26, 2008 05:25PM LauraGTO wrote:

Oh Cheryl! Thank you! I am so touched that you remember that I was the first to help you. You have come a long way girl...and I'm so happy for you! Be well...be tough...be happy...be healthy and JUST  be Laughing

(I will never forget that many, many girls helped me back in those dark and lonely days...giving it back is so rewarding!) 

With hope there are possibilities. Dx 7/2005, ILC, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 26, 2008 05:57PM - edited May 26, 2008 05:58PM by LUVmy2girlZ

Cheryl ~

It pleases me so much to hear such awesome news!  Thank you, it gives us all hope and to hear such victory!  Happy for you and NED!Many many many many more !

Much LUV

***Good job Laura!***Wink

BRCA 1 & 2 neg. mx- 7 wks rads (35 rounds) LIVE LAUGH LUV... Dx 11/19/2007, DCIS, 5cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-

May 27, 2008 04:14PM HeatherBLocklear wrote:

Dear Cheryl --

Congratulations and THANK YOU for letting us know you're well and back on track. We need stories like yours and are incredibly grateful to every survivor who takes the time and trouble to come back here and reassure the rest of us that things can be good again.

Hugs,

Annie Camel Hump

Annie Camel Tail Dx 2/23/2008, IDC, Stage IV, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (14 results)