Join Us

We are 220,444 members in 84 forums discussing 161,934 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: ILC and IDC DX

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Jun 1, 2008 12:38PM

VBG wrote:

Hi All,

I was wondering how many others have been diagnosed with both ILC and IDC? None of the headings for conversations deal with "mixed" dx so wondering if this is unusual. So far most of my cancer journey has been "unusual" so wanted to see if this was another instance!

Thanks for any and all insights!

Valerie

recurrence 12/07 IDC/ILC stage 1 grade 1 6mm; 4/29/08 bilat/recon/ooph chemo starts 6/11/08 Dx 5/21/2006, ILC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Jun 7, 2008 08:34AM LizM wrote:

I was diagnosed with both IDC and ILC in same tumor.  There are a few of us in this forum with this diagnosis.  My oncologist told me it doesn't really make a difference as far as treatment and prognosis.  I did some researching on it and have come to the same conclusion.  I also had LCIS and DCIS and ADH and ALH, pretty much chicken soup.  That was almost 3 years ago and I'm doing fine.

Dx 9/19/2005, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, Grade 1, 1/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 10, 2008 06:29PM mreilley99 wrote:

ditto to the above comment...i had ilc and idc....so far so good,....18 months out!

marianne Dx 7/31/2006, ILC, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 14, 2008 06:22AM Peggins wrote:

I had IDC and ILC and something called invasive tubular carcinoma. The chicken soup comment applies to me too! I also had DCIS and LCIS. All in one quarter of one breast. My breast surgeon and onc both said it was"highly unusual". The IDC was her2+ and er/pr- and the other two were the opposite. Go figure. No nodes. Three and a half years and counting.

Peggy

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)