Join Us

We are 220,343 members in 84 forums discussing 161,890 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Right mammo shows calcifications

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Jun 2, 2008 07:37PM

SusanB12 wrote:

Hello,

Haven't posted in awhile, I had a left mastectomy, 3 months out now and five weeks of radiation.  Just had a mammogram on the right breast a few weeks ago results came back with increased calcifications. Also had an MRI which supposedly was normal.

But this makes me upset and worried.  I was already thinking of  going back and having the other breast removed.  Anyone have any information on calcifications that might ease my mind.

thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Jun 6, 2008 06:59PM willowweed wrote:

Hi Susan,

I don't have any information on calcifications that might ease your mind, however it would be a good thing if this turns out to be troublesome but they caught it very early.  The extent of my knowledge on calcifications is I know that sometime they mean absolutely nothing, and sometimes (as in my case) they can be indicative of disease.  I know how these stupid vague tests make us worry so much.  If your results came back a few weeks ago, what is your doctor saying about the calcifications?  Are they thinking it is something to be concerned about?  And was the MRI a followup because of the calcifications?  If so, and it came back normal then let your mind be at ease.  Hopefully you can trust your doctor to be very diligent in your future care.  Be well.

Tracie - dx 1996; 7cm; er/pr+; neg. nodes; IIB; 6xCAF; 36 rads; tamox; bi-lat free trams; mets 2004

Jun 6, 2008 09:52PM nash wrote:

I have calcifications in both breasts that were deamed benign and that didn't show up on MRI.

Stage IV Pleomorphic ILC, initially diagnosed at age 38 Dx 6/7/2007, ILC, Left, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 7/19/2007 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 8/1/2007 CAF Radiation Therapy 12/27/2007 Whole-breast: Breast, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 3/1/2008 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Dx 4/24/2015, ILC, Left, 1cm, Stage IV, metastasized to other, Grade 2, 0/10 nodes, ER+/PR+ Surgery 5/15/2015 Mastectomy; Reconstruction (left): Latissimus dorsi flap Dx 2/1/2018, ILC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to other, Grade 3, ER+/PR+ Chemotherapy 2/15/2018 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxol (paclitaxel), Taxotere (docetaxel) Dx 6/20/2018, ILC, Both breasts, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to brain/bone, Grade 3, ER+/PR+ Targeted Therapy 7/1/2018 Ibrance (palbociclib) Dx 7/17/2020, ILC, Both breasts, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to brain/bone, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy 7/17/2020 Xeloda (capecitabine) Radiation Therapy 7/23/2020 Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant), Zoladex (goserelin) Radiation Therapy External: Brain

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)