We are 189,043 members in 81 forums discussing 141,584 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) → Topic: ILC vs other breast cancers

Topic: ILC vs other breast cancers

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Apr 21, 2011 01:54AM

sgreenarch wrote:

Hi, Ladies. As always, thanks for your help and wisdom.

One thing I can't get an easy answer to is the differences going forward, (once it's been diagnosed) between ILC and say, IDC or other bcs. I'm nervous about hearsay, but does anyone know of any reliable scientific sources that describe things that we ILC women need to be specifically aware of?

Sending best wishes and thanks,

Shari

Dx 7/20/2010, ILC, 2cm, Stage IB, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 7 of 7 (187 results)

Posts 181 - 187 (187 total)

Mar 18, 2017 09:42AM claireinaz wrote:

Hi mtks, I don't have any answers, but I wanted you to know that it could be completely unrelated. Our mind always jumps off the cliff to the dark side because of our previous dx. I hope it's nothing. It could be injury with accompanying inflammation, e.g., and your lymph nodes are swollen because they are working hard at fighting the inflammation. The head/balance thing could be a false cause--in other words, happening at the same time but unrelated to each other.

I know that my glands under my jawbone are sometimes sore--and I realized that is because it's spring and I'm fighting allergies right now. But of course my mind always goes to "c" first.

Let us know what the results are, and I'm going to believe that it's all still okay for you and this is something else. Hugs.

Claire in AZ

9/29/11 ILC, 2 c. stage II grade 1, ER/PR+ HER2-, 6/11 nodes, lumpectomy, DDAC x 4, Taxol x 12, 33 rads, Tamoxifen/arimidex/aromasin, BMX/immed recon 7/3/13 "In the midst of winter, I found in me an invincible summer.” Albert Camus

Mar 19, 2017 12:41AM Siciliana wrote:

In reading through this thread, I saw comments about prostate cancer, and thought I'd chime in that my dad died of prostate cancer. Wow, the more I read about ILC, the scarier it gets.

Dx 12/19/2016, ILC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/23/2017 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Hormonal Therapy 6/3/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Mar 19, 2017 09:45AM claireinaz wrote:

Hi Siciliana,

I think it's all scary--and ILC is no scarier than IDC or any of the other b.c. subtypes, to me. What's scary is the knowledge that once we've been diagnosed, we always have to try to remain vigilant (I'm hypervigilant, having been dx. with PTSD, darn it), but even doing that, we aren't completely protected from a recurrence. In the meantime, I work hard to stay in the present moment (at least I do, anyway) and try not to get attached to any future outcome.

Hugs!

Claire

9/29/11 ILC, 2 c. stage II grade 1, ER/PR+ HER2-, 6/11 nodes, lumpectomy, DDAC x 4, Taxol x 12, 33 rads, Tamoxifen/arimidex/aromasin, BMX/immed recon 7/3/13 "In the midst of winter, I found in me an invincible summer.” Albert Camus

Mar 22, 2017 02:21PM sgreenarch wrote:

Hi, just wanted to add that I had tinitis in one ear, pounding heartbeat for a few months. Had a whole workup, including hear MRI, doppler. In the end it subsided and was found to be a rare side effect of Femara. Hope this helps.

Dx 7/20/2010, ILC, 2cm, Stage IB, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 22, 2017 03:05PM Meow13 wrote:

sgreearch, I have ringing vibration in right ear as well as sinus pressure on my right side. Testedvand found nothing conclusive. It start when I was taking anastrozole and dry eye started on exemestane. Been off for a yesr and still have side effects. Dry eye is better but ringing still there with pressure behind my eye.

Mar 22, 2017 07:33PM EastcoastTS wrote:

Will chime in on prostate comments. Diagnosed with ILC in Jan. My mom also had ILC. All genes negative for us with testing.

However, my paternal grandfather and most of his brothers and my uncle (mom's brother) have ALL had prostate cancer. The older generation died from it.

Dx 1/4/2017, Left, ILC, 1.8cm, Stage 1A, 0/2 nodes, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Surgery: 2/27/17 (BMX, tissue expanders) Oncotype: 14.

Mar 27, 2017 10:58AM - edited Mar 27, 2017 10:59AM by mtks

hi Claire my US came back ok. I dont feel at ease due to my mammo and US were clear also, when i insisted on lumpectomy, which it was the tissue beneath the pea sizelump that was ILC. See my oncologist Thursday. Will let you know. Thank you for your thoughts.. love the support here

age 53 at DX/ Onco score 17 Dx 8/31/2010, ILC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 7 of 7 (187 results)