Join Us

We are 220,438 members in 84 forums discussing 161,930 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Help with path Report?

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Jan 23, 2018 02:23PM - edited Jan 23, 2018 02:28PM by Mojojennijo

Mojojennijo wrote:

I just asked for my pathology report (was diagnosed End of August). I just wasn't asking the right questions to get all the info I wanted and finally figured it would be good for me to have it. It’s from my biopsy as I haven’t had surgery yetto have my surgical pathology report back.

So here's my question. It says

“...most supportive of a lobular carcinoma with a mixture of conventional with pleomorphic and tubolobular variants. As indicated below, the invasive (and insitu) all show 3+ over expression of HER-2, a finding which is relatively common in the pleomorphic variants of lobular carcinomas"

And the dr had underlined this “ both specimens show focal weak expression with e-cadherin and rare membranous staining" I have no idea if that means anything.

But is having different variants normal? Does this mean I have a specific type of lobular or just lobular? I mean just lobular is enough lol. I'm just trying to understand what I have going on

Dx 8/29/2017, ILC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Chemotherapy 9/27/2017 AC Chemotherapy 11/20/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 11/20/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 11/20/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 3/12/2018 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy 4/23/2018 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Feb 4, 2018 01:20PM Georgia1 wrote:

Hi there, and sorry no one replied to this. Hopefully you got more info. from your doctor, but weak expression with e-cahedrin just means there's good reason to believe it is ILC. And yes, there are subvariants of ILC! Please don't hesitate to ask more questions and someone smarter than me should be along soon.

Cancer touched my breast so I kicked its ass. Dx 9/3/2017, ILC/IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 10/10/2017, LCIS, Right, 0/1 nodes Surgery 10/10/2017 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 11/27/2017 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 1/2/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Feb 4, 2018 04:59PM wallycat wrote:

It looks like the analyzed portion shows HER2+, so herceptin will no doubt be advised.

All cancers are unique to ourselves. "Classic" lobular does not have variants. The variants indicated appear to be sub-types ...I'm no expert, but that is how I read it.

I would say most docs/oncos look at the grade, hormone status, size, lymph node more than they look at the "name" of the cancer. Some sub-types of cancer are more aggressive than others; science is learning more and more on how different lobular is--there are now 4 sub-types and I think sub-sub-types were newly discussed.

Do you have specific questions about what they found or just trying to put a face to the disease, as it were?

Best to you.

Dx 4/07 1 month before turning 50; ILC 1.8cm, ER+/PR+, HER2 neg., Stage 1, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes. Onco score 20, Bilateral Mast., tamoxifen 3-1/2 years, arimidex-completed 4/20/2012

Jun 25, 2018 01:34AM Mojojennijo wrote:

I’m late getting back. I’m done with everything but my herceptin now. My surgical pathology was a lot different. I did some research and was most curious about the pleomorphic aspect but I had Lcis too and read that the pleomorphic comes into consideration with Lcis. It wasn’t the pleomorphic aspect. Anyways it’s all been cut out of me now and I have 6 month of herceptin left then reconstruction and yay I’ll be done!

Dx 8/29/2017, ILC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Chemotherapy 9/27/2017 AC Chemotherapy 11/20/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 11/20/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 11/20/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 3/12/2018 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy 4/23/2018 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)