We are 204,761 members in 81 forums discussing 148,355 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) → Topic: Just diagnosed yesterday

Topic: Just diagnosed yesterday

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Apr 15, 2018 06:21AM - edited Apr 15, 2018 06:21AM by Tracy86

Tracy86 wrote:

can't even function

Page 1 of 2 (34 results)

Posts 1 - 30 (34 total)

Apr 15, 2018 06:22AM Tracy86 wrote:

just diagnosed yesterday, can’t function can’t stop cr

Apr 15, 2018 07:44AM Catsme wrote:

Hi Tracy86, welcome and sorry you are going through this. You've come to a great place for caring and support.

You're at the scariest part of bc, diagnosed, and yet to get a plan in place. You will get through this, and once you have a plan you'll start to feel better.

I was diagnosed with ILC too. Never heard of it until my diagnosis.

Be sure to update your profile as you know more about your diagnosis. And keep us updated. Hugs, and prayers for peace.

Dx 12/7/2016, ILC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/4/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy 1/20/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Apr 15, 2018 09:17AM Moderators wrote:

Tracy86 we are sending you gentle hugs. Everyone here understands what you are going through. One day at a time. Come here, and you'll see, you are not alone. Tell us what they said in terms of a diagnosis.

We're here for you!

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Apr 15, 2018 09:52AM Tracy86 wrote:

ILC grade 2 and that’s all I know as of no

Apr 15, 2018 10:51PM dtad wrote:

Tracey86....so sorry you have to be here but welcome. I know you will find this forum both comforting and full of knowledge. My advice is stay off google and use this forum instead. The beginning is the worst part of the journey. I promise you will feel better once you have all the facts and a treatment plan in place. I think its really important to be treated at a university based teaching hospital. At least get a second opinion at one. I have ILC and I'm 3 years NED. We are all here for you. Also when you get more details could you make your stats public so we can better answer your questions? Hang in there!

Dx 3/20/2015, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/10/2015, ILC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/21/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Apr 15, 2018 11:23PM Okkate75 wrote:

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. This is the worst part--you are in shock and don't know what's actually happening. It will get better, and you can handle this. Cry all you need to right now--that's totally normal. Sending calming vibes your way, friend.

Dx 11/17/2017, IDC, Left, <1cm, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 12/7/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 1/5/2018 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy Radiation Therapy 5/15/2018

Apr 15, 2018 11:47PM voraciousreader wrote:

tracy....so sorry! Please remind yourself that the first few weeks are the worst. Once you have a treatment plan in place, you will begin feeling better....of course, not normal...but better....

Please head over to the NCCN’s website and familiarize yourself with the Breast Cancer treatment guidelines. Read the professionals’ version! Don’t forget to read the footnotes too!

And of course...come back here! We are here for you

Doctor told me regarding my prognosis that I WASN'T on the Titanic! Hmmm...Really?....Okay! 02/2010 Pure Mucinous Breast Cancer, Oncotype DX 15, Stage 1, Grade 1, 1.8 cm, 0/2 nodes, ER+ 90% /PR+ 70% HER2- (+1)

Apr 16, 2018 12:50AM wallycat wrote:

Always a total shock to hear. Give yourself time to grieve the news. It does get easier, but it takes time. Don't be a hero...ask for anxiety meds if you need them.

Once you have a game plan, it becomes a little easier because you can focus on the new agenda/time-line.

Best to you.

Dx 4/07 1 month before turning 50; ILC 1.8cm, ER+/PR+, HER2 neg., Stage 1, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes. Onco score 20, Bilateral Mast., tamoxifen 3-1/2 years, arimidex-completed 4/20/2012

Apr 16, 2018 05:24AM momand2kids wrote:

Tracy

for what is worth-- I am almost 10 years out from ILC grade 2 stage 2--and I am doing fabulously-- healthy and happy..... you are in the hardest part right now.... take all the good advice you get here-- you will get through it!!!!

good luck!

Dx 10/29/2008, ILC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/24/2008 Lumpectomy: Right Chemotherapy 1/15/2009 Adriamycin (doxorubicin) Radiation Therapy 3/22/2009 Breast Hormonal Therapy 6/14/2009 Femara (letrozole)

Apr 16, 2018 06:22AM Tracy86 wrote:

Thank you so muc

Apr 16, 2018 06:38AM beach2beach wrote:

Sorry you are here, but we are here for you. I remember that call all to well almost 9mths ago. I cried all weekend, and googled(don't!!!!!). I was on my way to a planned overnight for a concert. I sat through that concert in a daze. wondering how many other woman had bc, have it, and have it and don't know it. I just existed through the weekend. It's perfectly natural.

Ditto to all the posters above. Once you know exactly where you stand with hormonal factors, etc, you will move forward, go through and eventually you will move past it.

Dx 7/28/2017, LCIS/DCIS/ILC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/8/2017 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Hormonal Therapy 9/12/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Apr 16, 2018 07:02AM Tracy86 wrote:

thank yoi

Apr 16, 2018 07:08AM ClareCo wrote:

Hi Tracy - sorry you're here but glad you've reached out! I was diagnosed on 1/31 and it took a couple of weeks to wrap my head around things. It does get easier!! This is the worst part you're in now. I feel significantly less freaked out now that (as of yesterday) I have a plan for my treatment.

One thing that helped me - recording my doc appointments on my iphone. I could play them back and that helped since I was still sort of in shock in my first appointments. That way I could let myself be upset knowing that I could listen to recordings later to get the details. No good doc will mind if you tape the consult.

It will get easier- use these boards for encouragement and to ask questions - we are all glad to help.

Dx 1/31/2018, IDC, Left, Stage IIA, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 3/15/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy Breast, Lymph nodes Chemotherapy 5/2/2018 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxol (paclitaxel)

Apr 16, 2018 07:12AM Tracy86 wrote:

thank you so muc

Apr 16, 2018 08:19AM chronicpain wrote:

Tracy, I am so sorry you are here, and we are hear to try and help as best possible as you go through the next few weeks of shock and try and get a grip on things. If you were born in 86, suggested by your username, it is that much more unfair, as at 32 you are still a young woman so have to fight harder and longer..

When you get a chance, post your information (age, tumor type, stage and grade as info evolves) and anything else about you that may facilitate our helping guide you (of course along with your doctors, who know more than we do about your BC and unique situation) or just providing an electronic shoulder to cry on.

Hugs and best wishes,

CP

After a decade of autoimmune problems, Dx 10/2017 at age 63, IDC, Left, 9mm, Oncotype 13, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, 11/22/2017 Lumpectomy, Arimidex. Declined radiation.

Apr 16, 2018 08:23AM Tracy86 wrote:

thank you, actually born in 1966, married in 1986. I appreciate your support

Apr 17, 2018 05:03AM Treehugger22 wrote:

I was diagnosed just this February and like you, spent a lot of time crying those first few days. One of my friends suggested that I get together with a mutual friend who had been through it.. I set up a tea meeting and it was sooo helpful! She gave me great advice, suggested a second opinion from the place that gave her excellent care, suggested acupuncture (which has been great for dealing with the stress and sometimes wakeful worrying)... I am on the other side of the mx surgery and awaiting the oncotype dx results to plan treatment. You will get through it.. so many women do but it is okay to cry too.. it is a shock and a concern and a big change... I could not believe that I had to make surgery decisions ( when I just wanted to plan my next bike ride), and to take these steps, but you can do it too and you will do it!

Apr 17, 2018 05:25AM beach2beach wrote:

I'm the same age as you. You will see the next year, and the next. I found out a little under a month after turning 51. You WILL get through this.

Dx 7/28/2017, LCIS/DCIS/ILC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/8/2017 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Hormonal Therapy 9/12/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Apr 17, 2018 06:16AM Sallyomally wrote:

Newbie as well here. Diagnosed in January. Just stating chemo. Sweetheart, it's ok. Cry all you want. We're all in this together,and while we would much rather be elsewhere, I agree you will find much care and support here. These awesome ladies have been a lifesaver. Technology and cancer treatment has made amazing strides. You'll navigate this journey and come out a winner on the other side, I promise.For what it's worth, what has helped me is to surround myself with things and people I love. Fill your days with positivity, and cry when you have to. The ladies are right- once the treatment is all lined up and you feel that there is a plan, it will help, and YES! Stay away from google! Sending much love and healing energy your way.

Melinda Maarouf

Apr 17, 2018 08:25AM Tracy86 wrote:

Thank you so much

Apr 17, 2018 08:26AM Tracy86 wrote:

Thank you, received your message on the way to my first visit with the surgeon, and it meant a lot to me.

Apr 17, 2018 08:27AM Tracy86 wrote:

Thank you

Apr 18, 2018 10:33PM - edited Apr 18, 2018 10:47PM by vnelly

I was diagnosed March 24, 2018 with Invasive Lobular Carcinoma of right breast. I am scheduled for a mastectomy on April 24, 2018 with no reconstruction. It's been a month exactly, and a whirlwind month to say the least! I cried so much at first too. It's overwhelming! I begged God to take care of me and wipe this from my body. As the surgery is approaching, I have settled down somewhat, BUT I am scared to death now! How will my life be living without "2 girls"? Can I handle life looking at my body minus 1 girl? I am trying to stay positive with all this, but it sure is asking a lot. At this point I am praying my lymph nodes come back clear. That's my main focus now.....just getting through this surgery, and worrying what to expect after. I really find this place so helpful and just hearing from women who are wiser than me right now is amazing. Thank you and say a prayer. Good Luck on your road Tracy.

Apr 19, 2018 03:01AM Tracy86 wrote:

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond, praying for you and your family. The waiting is agonizing.

Apr 21, 2018 11:39AM - edited Apr 21, 2018 11:48AM by KCBarn

I was diagnosed with stage 3 ILC in June 2017–the first month or two was a worldwind of emotions and appointments—I got through it all by running on “autopilot." It eventually calms down when you know the details and the plan. I had 12 out of 17 nodes test positive. I had right breast mastectomy on July 25, 2017 (no reconstruction) and I started 16 rounds of chemo in September 2017–I have 5 out of 33 rounds of radiation left and I'll be done—I'll have to take Anastrozole for the next 5-10 years but I have a 94% survival rate (my scans were clean)—you can do this—it's just a bump in the road—find your “eye of the tiger" and a few good girlfriends and you'll get through this. 😘

Apr 21, 2018 01:31PM Moderators wrote:

Thank you for such a thoughtful post, KCBarn! We're so glad to hear you're doing well with your treatment!

The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Apr 21, 2018 11:20PM Tracy86 wrote:

Thank you so much for taking the time to send me a message, you have no idea how much it means. You are a hero, I don't know you, but I love you.

Apr 22, 2018 12:03AM - edited Apr 23, 2018 07:04AM by KCBarn

you can ask me anything—I got through this with a very matter-of-fact approach-I hunkered down and did what I needed to do-the only time I've cried is when the oncologist told me that my body scan was clear—I knew that I had to stay tough to get through this —and, I knew that my family was watching me to see if they needed to be afraid—I have a teenage daughter who is a senior in high school this year and I wanted this year to be a good one for her—my oncologist told me that positive attitude is “everything" (he told me that I'm his happiest patient!) and that all breast cancers have 94% survival rate these days-so, just put your head down and plow through this and next year this time, you'll be on here encouraging someone else to do the same! Btw, I'm 61 years old and I live in Greensboro, NC. All will be well, my friend.

Apr 22, 2018 10:20AM Prairiedog wrote:

Tracy, I was diagnosed with ILC nineteen years ago. I had a lumpectomy, chemo, and radiation. For nineteen years I was cancer free until last month when my other breast was diagnosed with a new primary cancer, ILC. So here I go again, but this time I know that I can get through this. Been there, done that... and if I get another nineteen years before I have to do this again I'll be ninety-two! My husband commented today that we certainly were handling the cancer diagnosis differently this time. And he is right. Two decades ago I was certain that I was going to die and I didn't think I could possibly survive chemo. I shed a lot of tears. Now I just said, darn it, and have marched on. I know I can do this, I won’t enjoy it, but I can do it. And the advances in the treatment of this disease are amazing. This is a survivable disease. ..hang in there and you will find yourself on the other side of this affliction. And there are good things, I now enjoy the small things in life and I have a better understanding of what is important.

Hugs..

Dx 3/1999, LCIS/ILC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Dx 4/11/2018, ILC, Right, 1cm, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC)

Apr 23, 2018 02:32AM Tracy86 wrote:

Thank you so much, I’ve been reading your response over and over again. I appreciate you taking the time and I love yo

Page 1 of 2 (34 results)