Join Us

We are 220,343 members in 84 forums discussing 161,890 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Description of ILC lymph nodes

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Jun 19, 2018 05:49PM

Katzi17 wrote:

Could anyone describe what ILC lymph nodes were like ? Texture , size ..

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Jun 20, 2018 01:31AM gwydiana wrote:

They dissected five of mine and all five were positive for cancer infiltration. If you want to private message me your email address, I will email you the pdf of my pathology report which describes all five of the lymph nodes removed.

Pleomorphic Invasive Lobular Carcinoma Dx 4/6/2018, ILC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 5/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 4/25/2018 Femara (letrozole)

Jun 20, 2018 09:27AM beach2beach wrote:

Not sure exactly what you are looking for but I had the sentinel on both sides taken out. My right breast had the confirmed cancer. In my pathology it lists fragments of tan, yellow, soft tissue and then the dimensions. The right and left sentinel were a bit different in sizes. It's a little confusing to me..the left says 3.0x2.0x0,6 cm in greatest dimension. Then it says one lymph node identified measuring 1.0cm in greatest dimension. My right says 1.0x10.6.0.6cm in greatest dimension. That's all it says on that one. On final diagnosis it says Right sentinel node, negative for tumor, Left sentinel node, negative for tumor. Because it is ILC they do an extra stain, Pankeratin IHC (going into surgery I was told I had IDC. My BS told me they extra stain is needed to make sure of any evidence of cancer spreading to node. I had to wait a week for that final pathology.

Not sure this helps..

Dx 7/28/2017, LCIS/DCIS/ILC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/8/2017 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Hormonal Therapy 9/12/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)