Join Us

We are 220,435 members in 84 forums discussing 161,930 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Hello!

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Jun 20, 2018 03:41PM

cienna-skye wrote:

Hi everyone! I've been lurking for over a month, and I thought I would pop my head in to say thank you.

Thank you for the hope you have given to me when I was scared. Thank you for the calm reassurances you give to each other - it's also comforting. It may sound crazy, but when my anxiety spikes I often lurk, and seeing the support you have for each other makes me feel so much better. So thank you - you have all helped me so much and you didn't even know I was here. :)

I have a scary appointment with my oncologist this Friday. Ive met with him once a few weeks ago, told no chemo, and then called back in again. I know from experience being called back in isn't probably the best news in the world. If I do need chemo, I know there is hope and support out there. But yes....I'm still scared.

Thanks for reading!

Dx 2/16/2018, ILC, Left, 1cm, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/28/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Surgery 4/26/2018 Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Surgery 6/13/2018 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Posts 1 - 5 (5 total)

Jun 20, 2018 09:44PM beach2beach wrote:

Ciennaskye,

Did they give you any indication why they wanted to see you again? Did you have an OncotypeDx test done? Did you go over hormonal therapy?

Glad you decided to reach out and post. It can be so overwhelming to deal with this all in your own head. Being able to put it out there can make such a difference.

Dx 7/28/2017, LCIS/DCIS/ILC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/8/2017 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Hormonal Therapy 9/12/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jun 25, 2018 07:15PM cienna-skye wrote:

It's me again. =). It turns out I worked myself up needlessly. My oncologist wanted to go over a test they ran on the tumor cells, and give me the results. As it turns out, chemotherapy would only help about 1 or 2% in preventing reoccurrence, he didn't recommend it for me, but I had a choice. I chose to go ahead without chemo.

It is hard to deal with all this stuff, without having anyone to talk to who has been through it. This forum is wonderful. *hugs to everyone*

Dx 2/16/2018, ILC, Left, 1cm, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/28/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Surgery 4/26/2018 Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Surgery 6/13/2018 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant

Jun 26, 2018 08:07AM beach2beach wrote:

Glad to hear that!!!!! That tool is such a great help these days in making the decision. I assume you will be getting hormonal therapy then?..Tamoxifen or an AI?

Dx 7/28/2017, LCIS/DCIS/ILC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/8/2017 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Hormonal Therapy 9/12/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jun 26, 2018 05:50PM Icietla wrote:

Welcome, Sister.

My latest (Stage IVB) diagnosis is almost certainly of another distant primary type. To the best of my information and belief, I am still apparently what we call NED as to breast cancer, doubtless thanks to Letrozole. Dx 2/12/2016, ILC, Right, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/13 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/19/2016 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy 4/1/2016 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 4/25/2016 Prophylactic ovary removal Dx 8/2018, Stage IV

Jun 26, 2018 06:12PM Snickersmom wrote:

Hi Cienna, sorry you are a member of our elite group but you sure aren't alone!! I had pretty much the exact same diagnosis as you. But I had a couple of weird looking "things" so my surgeon wasn't comfortable doing a lumpectomy, as he said my breast would be a hot mess, as there were 3 different locations. So I opted for a bilateral mastectomy. I didn't want to have to worry about the other one and I'm glad I went the way I did. I got breast cancer for my 70th birthday (what a gift, right?) so I just didn't care about reconstruction.

I had nothing in the 4 nodes he removed, so I did not have radiation and/or chemo. I am on Arimidex for 5-7 years and I don't really have any major complaints.

Keep posting - there is so much support from all 207,000+ on this site! I've made friends around the world and it's always comforting to know that we are not alone.

Dx 3/24/2017, ILC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 5/3/2017 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy 6/12/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)