Join Us

We are 220,346 members in 84 forums discussing 161,892 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: ILC post-lumpectomy protocols? (e.g. genomic testing) Comments?

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Jul 6, 2018 02:51PM

ktmv wrote:

Recent ILC, Grade 2 @ age 70 -->> 20 years after a DCIS (excision + radiation + Tamoxifen)

Oncologist classifies this ILC as "recurrent" BC, and did not like my resisting post-surgery chemo recommendation. Neither the surgeon nor oncology doctor mentioned the Oncotype DX test (not done), utilized to be informative & predictive of chances of a BC recurrence. They surely are aware of results of the TAILORx study published years ago, casting doubt on the necessity of chemo for large percentage of women.

With no hard evidence demanding chemotherapy, and considering bad side effects, I opted for hormone therapy only (Arimidex).

Would appreciate any comments from others in a similar situation, e.g. was genomic testing done on tissue post-surgery?

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Jul 6, 2018 04:48PM Georgia1 wrote:

Hi there. I certainly think you should ask for an Oncotype DX test to be run; either your surgeon or the MO can order it. My ILC/IDC "mixed" tumor came in at 18 and I happily chose no chemo.

Another factor is how strongly ER/PR positive your BC is. The higher the number the better the AI will work.

Cancer touched my breast so I kicked its ass. Dx 9/3/2017, ILC/IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 10/10/2017, LCIS, Right, 0/1 nodes Surgery 10/10/2017 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 11/27/2017 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 1/2/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)