Join Us

We are 220,346 members in 84 forums discussing 161,892 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Invasive lobular carcinoma

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Jul 31, 2018 10:40PM

SissyBeans wrote:

So, is there anyone else out there who had the invasive ductal carcinoma in the left side 14 years ago and now has invasive lobular cancer in the other side? Sigh... I had been finally released after 13 years! Finally thought I was fine and OVER IT! Now here we go again...

Page 1 of 1 (11 results)

Posts 1 - 11 (11 total)

Aug 2, 2018 11:21AM claireinaz wrote:

I haven't but what a freaking disappointment, Sissy. I hope it's small, no nodes positive, you can get it out and move on with the rest of your life. We are here for you if you want any questions answered; treatment options have changed so much in the past dozen years which might work out for you.

Hugs

Claire in AZ

9/29/11 ILC, 2 c. stage II grade 1, ER/PR+ HER2-, 6/11 nodes, lumpectomy, DDAC x 4, Taxol x 12, 33 rads, Tamoxifen/arimidex/aromasin, BMX/immed recon 7/3/13 "In the midst of winter, I found in me an invincible summer.” Albert Camus

Aug 2, 2018 11:28AM - edited Aug 2, 2018 11:29AM by wallycat

I'm so sorry about the diagnosis. Stupid, freakin' cancer...the gift that keeps on giving. Sadly, breast cancer is never over. Again, so sorry to see you having to deal with this. It is interesting that many patients (myself included) were poo-pooed when making a mastectomy decision (not that a mastectomy prevents cancer, just lessens the odds) based on an ILC diagnosis ----told contralateral ILC cancers are not typical. ugh. As Claire posted, more treatments, better options and hope this is a mere blip, such as cancer can be.

Dx 4/07 1 month before turning 50; ILC 1.8cm, ER+/PR+, HER2 neg., Stage 1, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes. Onco score 20, Bilateral Mast., tamoxifen 3-1/2 years, arimidex-completed 4/20/2012

Aug 2, 2018 12:54PM SissyBeans wrote:

Thank you for seeing this and sending good thoughts! I appreciate it very much! I finally had a good cry yesterday and that is a GOOD thing. My husband of 41 years just held onto me!I thought I could handle it ONE MORE TIME... Well I can but a good cry is helpful! Tomorrow I have mastectomy. Whee! But saying Bye for Now to cancer is fine with me! YOU TAKE CARE TOO!

Aug 2, 2018 01:03PM SissyBeans wrote:

Wallycat, you and Claire are so NICE to have answered! I hope it is a blip too! And I hear there are so many more and BETTER treatments! Last time I had 7 kinds of chemo and radiation! (No radiation EVER AGAIN! Be alert all you who may have to have it! I am still failing in so many ways because of it). This time I am hoping with mastectomy no chemo either! Thank you all so much for caring and I HOPE YOU ARE ALL OK TOO!!!!! Please be well!

SissyBeans

Aug 2, 2018 01:05PM SissyBeans wrote:

Wallycat, you and Claire are so NICE to have answered! I hope it is a blip too! And I hear there are so many more and BETTER treatments! Last time I had 7 kinds of chemo and radiation! (No radiation EVER AGAIN! Be alert all you who may have to have it! I am still failing in so many ways because of it). This time I am hoping with mastectomy no chemo either! Thank you all so much for caring and I HOPE YOU ARE ALL OK TOO!!!!! Please be well!

SissyBeans

Aug 4, 2018 08:13AM beach2beach wrote:

Sissybeans,

Your husband is right,,,you got this. Stinks you have to deal with another bout after so many years but as the OP said, so many new treatment options, hopefully this is early and can be taken care of with a mastectomy and nothing else!! Fingers crossed for you.

Dx 7/28/2017, LCIS/DCIS/ILC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/8/2017 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Hormonal Therapy 9/12/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Aug 4, 2018 09:06AM SissyBeans wrote:

Hi beachtobeach,

So, my mastectomy is over. Yesterday and so far looks clear in sentinel node etc. Will wait for positive results from lab this next week! And hopefully I am good to go for another 14 years. Thank you so much for thoughts. A little painful (sigh, make that a LOT 😂) but well worth it! Too old for reconstruction... So, how long does pain last!? Are you ok so far? Did reconstruction hurt?

I hope ALL of you out there take care, ok?

SissyBeans

Aug 6, 2018 02:55PM beach2beach wrote:

Glad it went well!!! I honestly had very little pain and went direct to implants in the same surgery. Maybe just luck on my part but I was up and about right away and no need to take anything except antibiotics once i was home. I hope recovery is quick and uneventful...

Dx 7/28/2017, LCIS/DCIS/ILC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/8/2017 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Hormonal Therapy 9/12/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Aug 6, 2018 05:20PM SissyBeans wrote:

Hi! Thank you SO MUCH!!! I had only one thought when I woke up...PAIN!!! To me it hurt quite a lot👎 but I have been on morphine for 6-8 years from the radiation damage last time! My PCP said i would hurt more cause of my being on it for so long. Sigh. Took 3 days but i'm getting there! I can actually look forward to a time I can get back to normal! If the pathology report comes back clear than it will be AWESOME! Anyway, thank you for SUPPORT! I hope you all are ok ok!!! OK?

SissyBeans

Aug 6, 2018 08:52PM Trvler wrote:

I hope you feel better soon. So unfair to have it twice!

Allison Dx 1/16/2015, ILC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 2/26/2015, ILC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 2/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 3/23/2015 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 8/31/2015 Mastectomy; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Radiation Therapy 10/14/2015 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015

Aug 7, 2018 01:15PM SissyBeans wrote:

Hi Trvlr and yes, it is annoying... Once we find out that it isn't in my lymph nodes then all Will be well! I might list a little to the left😊, but will get used to it! Can't wear a bra cause of the pain under my arm on the OTHER side from radiation therapy... So, I shall have to figure out how to pin Kleenex to t-shirts! (Tee-hee) All will be well. You all take care! Insist on ultra sound along with mammogram! This is a sneaky type! So BE SAFE!

SissyBeans

Page 1 of 1 (11 results)