Join Us

We are 220,346 members in 84 forums discussing 161,892 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Surgery and reconstruction completed.

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Aug 11, 2018 09:19AM

dakrock wrote:

I had my surgery in February 2018 but I have been on Letrozole since they did the biopsy in December 2017.  I had a large lump and the letrozole was going to make the surgery a little easier.   This past week I went to the dermatologist and he immediately saw a spot on my face which is very concerning and he has sent me to see a plastic surgeon for a biopsy which I will see on the 22nd of this month.  Yesterday I saw my primary care doctor because he also received the report and it is highly suspicious of melanoma.   Could this be from the letrozole or could my breast cancer have gone to my skin???    I am a nervous wreck.

Bonnie  

Bonnie Dx 12/4/2017, ILC, Right, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 12/5/2017 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 2/23/2018 Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction, Saline implant Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)

Posts 1 - 7 (7 total)

Aug 11, 2018 10:34AM Lula73 wrote:

Bonnie- odds are it is totally unrelated. Our faves are exposed to UV rays of the sun since the day we were born. Those rays cause changes to the cell DNA that can be one melanoma. Hopefully if it comes back melanoma, an excision will be all you need. That was the case with the one on my back. Wishing the best for you!🍀

-Lula Dx 1/2017, DCIS/IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/13/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic ovary removal; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 3/2/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 11/1/2017 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 1/2/2018 Femara (letrozole)

Aug 11, 2018 12:35PM dakrock wrote:

Thank you.  I'm just worried because it is also right on my face and the doctor seems pretty anxious to get me to a plastic surgeon.  Hopefully it is nothing and I am worried for no reason.  Thanks for your response

Bonnie  

Bonnie Dx 12/4/2017, ILC, Right, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 12/5/2017 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 2/23/2018 Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction, Saline implant Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 11, 2018 01:06PM Georgia1 wrote:

Hi there Dakrok. I had melanoma in my 20s and breast cancer in my 50s. In rare cases there is a common gene mutation involved but not in mine. I just got way too much sun as a teenager, as many of us did.

Best of luck on the biopsy and I will be thinking good thoughts for you. If you have any questions I'd be happy to help if I can.

Cancer touched my breast so I kicked its ass. Dx 9/3/2017, ILC/IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 10/10/2017, LCIS, Right, 0/1 nodes Surgery 10/10/2017 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 11/27/2017 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 1/2/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Aug 11, 2018 01:51PM dakrock wrote:

Hi Georgia1

Thanks for responding.   Did they just remove the cancer and no further treatment involved?   I had a friend who had melanoma and it spread and he died.   He also had to take chemotherapy .  It was a very hard road for him.   I hope mine is simple and they just have to cut it off.  I don't have a mole or anything, just a round black dot that is has different shapes around it .   I'll keep you posted on this site once I get the biopsy.

Bonnie.  

Aug 11, 2018 02:07PM Georgia1 wrote:

Yep, it was a surgical removal with no further treatment required. But here's hoping your spot is benign and they are just being cautious. Catching it early is key of course, just like breast cancer.

Cancer touched my breast so I kicked its ass. Dx 9/3/2017, ILC/IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 10/10/2017, LCIS, Right, 0/1 nodes Surgery 10/10/2017 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 11/27/2017 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 1/2/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Aug 12, 2018 01:02AM Veeder14 wrote:

dakrock,

I hope you don't have melanoma but I would suggest you get the tests/diagnostics as quickly as possible because it can grow/spread quickly. My dermatologist did a biopsy and I had the results of melanoma ( lower leg) 3 days later along with an urgent referral to the Cancer Center. I called the Cancer Center daily and the dermatologist keep contacting also and it ended up taking about 12 work days before I had an app't with Surgical Oncology. I was so worried and going crazy I just wanted to be seen. Surgery was scheduled 5 days later because I kept insisting it be done NOW. The melanoma in my leg was removed along with 2 lymph nodes (one positive for melanoma) from my groin. I didn't need any other treatment just following up with scans.

Dx 1/2/2018, ILC, Left, <1cm, Stage IB, Grade 1, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/25/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 3/7/2018 Hormonal Therapy 2/28/2019 Hormonal Therapy

Aug 12, 2018 06:48AM dakrock wrote:

Thank you so much for this information.  I see a plastic surgeon for the biopsy on 8/22.  I had to have a plastic surgeon because it is on my face right at my cheekbone.   I am a nervous wreck to say the least.   

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)