Join Us

We are 220,438 members in 84 forums discussing 161,930 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Radiation before chemo???

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Aug 20, 2018 11:38PM

Sabrina46 wrote:

Hello Everyone, I hope you all have been trying to enjoy summer💥 and make the most of all the issues we are faced with😣. Straight up warriors 💪💪💪💪

I was diagnosed June21, with ILC, 1.9cm, grade2 and extensive LCIS was found after lumpectomy. Mitotic rate 1 , no lymph node involvement. Lcis went up to my pec major, and my surgeon had no idea. Though, he has been optimistic about tx for me, especially with July3 BREAST conservation tx, I have been very upset last few weeks waiting for results of oncotype dx from Med Onc I only met once. Aug2, 4 weeks after lumpectomy.

Here we are Aug20 ,I needed to meet with Rad Oncologist for first time. So that has led to me going in tomorrow for a simulation of rads. Remember, I am still waiting for results from oncotype test.

Rad onc asked me if I wanted to start and I told him yes, been waiting since Aug2 for oncotype test AND tired of waiting. Scared of delayed tx, and more tests. I tried to visit with my med onc to ask the results, but she was doing rounds and as I understand she is going on vacation. Why? She supposed to see me Thursday for tx consult, result of oncotype.

Not sure of anything anymore and they all put us in the driving seat knowing full well we have no license😭😭😭.

I am on my 7th week of still no tx, and mind is blown. Please tell me, if anyone knows , are there problems doing rads before chemo? I dont know if I need chemo, but I want some tx and rads is ready to go! Please help, someone, anyone...I need to find a job and get my life in order. Single, unmarried woman, very little family left and completely on my own. 47yr old.

Initially , my surgeon WHO been with me 14years for my Fibrocystic breasts, forcasted lumpectomy, rads, tamoxifen. I know he is not the onc, so of course she wants to treat me differently because I had a lumpectomy. She looking at chemo possibilities.

I did everything they told me, all the painful preop tx, trying to comply for mercy of these docs, and my life. I am furious, scared, alone, anxious, uncertain and braindead from all the research📚😣

I speak of you all here, hidden away like the treasures you all are, so much information, experiences, sympathizers, empathizers, givers, breast cancer advocates and so much resilience and brilliance....trust me, it has been inspiring me since 2010, and thanks to you all I have helped some folks open some more books too. THANK you all, any info would be appreciated.

Big hugzzz🤗🤗🤗🤗❤❤❤❤😍😍😍😍