Join Us

We are 220,346 members in 84 forums discussing 161,892 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: just diagnosed

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Sep 1, 2018 08:23PM

lvalerio wrote:

I have just been diagnosed with lobular carcinoma

Still waiting to see oncologist but have already made up my mind for double mast

need answers

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)

Posts 1 - 6 (6 total)

Sep 1, 2018 08:32PM anotherNYCGirl wrote:

Welcome to these boards. You will find much support, advice and friendship here!

When you have your full path report, you'll have more specific questions for us to answer.

Dx 1998, DCIS, Stage 0 Surgery 3/18/1998 Lumpectomy: Left Dx 6/2000, ILC, Stage IA, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/11/2000 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Chemotherapy 8/1/2000 CMF Hormonal Therapy 2/11/2001 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy 2/12/2001 Breast Hormonal Therapy 2/12/2006 Femara (letrozole) Dx 2/2014, ILC, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 3/25/2014 Lymph node removal: Left, Right; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 5/2/2014 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 11/20/2014 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 1/14/2015 Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 5/28/2015 Reconstruction (right): Latissimus dorsi flap, Silicone implant Surgery 2/22/2016 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting, Nipple reconstruction; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Nipple reconstruction

Sep 1, 2018 08:58PM lvalerio wrote:

How do I ask questions here

Sep 1, 2018 11:02PM Icietla wrote:

If they relate to ILC, just ask in here. If they relate to particular treatments, ask in those other discussion sections.

Welcome to BCO. I am very sorry for the trouble that has brought you here, but glad you found us. This is the best place on the internet for information, understanding, and support about breast cancer concerns. We are a true Community of Brothers and Sisters who care.

My latest (Stage IVB) diagnosis is almost certainly of another distant primary type. To the best of my information and belief, I am still apparently what we call NED as to breast cancer, doubtless thanks to Letrozole. Dx 2/12/2016, ILC, Right, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/13 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/19/2016 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy 4/1/2016 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 4/25/2016 Prophylactic ovary removal Dx 8/2018, Stage IV

Sep 2, 2018 03:03AM DATNY wrote:

Just know that you'll be fine. It can be a tough road going through all treatments, but millions of women did it. Best wishes!

Sep 2, 2018 01:39PM Dani444 wrote:

You are at the right place to find answers and support! I have recently been diagnosed as well and have found so many supportive information on here. It was hard for me, as far as anxiety goes, to wait for that first appointment. I did feel better to have a picture of what my treatment options were. They will give you a ton of information in that first appointment. I wrote out questions ahead of time, and I had access to a nurse navigator that I spoke to after I got home to clarify some information. Don't hesitate to ask questions here, this forum is a huge comfort and I know I am getting the answers and support from people who are in our shoes. Hugs to you and wishing you to find moments of peace until your appointment arrives.

DX @ 46, premenopausal, mammaprint low risk Dx 8/21/2018, LCIS/ILC, Right, 4cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 2/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 10/25/2018 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Radiation Therapy 12/6/2018 Lymph nodes, Chest wall Surgery 8/20/2020 Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Sep 2, 2018 04:49PM dakrock wrote:

I was diagnosed this year and I am six months out from my mastectomy . I also have invasive lobular carcinoma. Just take a note pad and write down everything they say.  Better yet take someone with you because you will not hear everything they are saying.   Have that person take notes.  It is overwhelming at first and I have found this board very helpful.  Even when I had all the pathology reports I didn't understand them.  Everyone on here is very helpful.    Hang in there and don't be shy about asking questions.     I wish you good luck.  Keep us posted.

Bonnie Dx 12/4/2017, ILC, Right, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 12/5/2017 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 2/23/2018 Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction, Saline implant Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)