Join Us

We are 220,437 members in 84 forums discussing 161,930 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: ILC, Positive nodes, and chemo.

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Nov 3, 2018 10:41AM

Dani444 wrote:

Hey everyone. I just got my final pathology report yesterday, and I had 2/3 nodes positive. One was extending into the vessels. My BS said we will be deciding between full dissection or radiation, and that she would be surprised if I did not get chemo. I am stage 1b with a 4.8 cm tumor, clear margins on my mastectomy. I know nobody can predict if they will want to give me chemo but it just threw me for a loop. This whole time I was told chemo would be very unlikely due to the slow growing, highly hormone receptive nature of ILC. I have already whined about this in the october surgery group :) but just wondering if any other stage 1 ILC with positive nodes ended up with chemo.

DX @ 46, premenopausal, mammaprint low risk Dx 8/21/2018, LCIS/ILC, Right, 4cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 2/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 10/25/2018 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Radiation Therapy 12/6/2018 Lymph nodes, Chest wall Surgery 8/20/2020 Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Nov 3, 2018 10:00PM Meow13 wrote:

Dani, I would definitely question if chemo is effective, hormone therapy started ASAP I would think.

With a 4.8 tumor I would have thought they may want to try chemo to reduce the size before surgery. That way you might have seen evidence of it being effective.

Maybe a second opinion is a good idea.

Nov 8, 2018 07:32PM Dani444 wrote:

Meow13. Thank you for your reply I just heard from my BS today after the tumor board met. They are recommending radiation and she felt that my MO was not leaning towards chemo!! My Mammaprint came back low risk. I see my MO on the 20th so we shall see where he stands. I am grateful I don’t have to go back to surgery for full axillary dissection

DX @ 46, premenopausal, mammaprint low risk Dx 8/21/2018, LCIS/ILC, Right, 4cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 2/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 10/25/2018 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Radiation Therapy 12/6/2018 Lymph nodes, Chest wall Surgery 8/20/2020 Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Nov 9, 2018 06:40PM Rhuny wrote:

Hi,

I’m glad you got good news. I have ILC and am waiting on my Mammaprint results. I have the same pathology as you do and have been told endocrine therapy is probably all I will do. Are you sure you are still stage 1B? With a 4cm tumor and positive nodes, I think it is stage 2. You might clarify just so you know for sure and for future purposes.

Dx 5/2016, ILC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Dx 9/2018, LCIS/ILC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Radiation Therapy 3DCRT: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Nov 10, 2018 02:32PM Dani444 wrote:

Rhuny, I will be seeing my MO next week and will confirm my staging. I hope you get good news on your mammaprint, and hear back soon.

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)