Join Us

We are 220,438 members in 84 forums discussing 161,930 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Radiology report interpretation???

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Dec 1, 2018 07:48AM

jessie123 wrote:

Can someone explain to me what this sentence means.

"Cytokeratin immunohistochemical stain highlights lobular carcinoma apparently far more cellular than the H+E stain."

What does "apparently far more cellular" mean? Did they test with the H+E stain and nothing showed so they went to the Cytokeratin stain. Does "more cellular" mean more cancer?

Dx 11/2018, LCIS/ILC, Left, 2cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/21/2019 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 4/15/2019 Whole-breast: Breast

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Dec 1, 2018 08:09AM MelissaDallas wrote:

This is not a radiology report. It is a pathology report. This might help.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1769908/

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Dec 1, 2018 09:09AM jessie123 wrote:

You are right --- my mind is a little slow right now. Is there a way I can change the heading to Pathology rather than radiology? This report discusses staining lymph nodes which was interesting. However, in my case the staining was done on the breast tumor taken via core needle biopsy. I am wondering if the H&E stain did not show cancer.

Dx 11/2018, LCIS/ILC, Left, 2cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/21/2019 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 4/15/2019 Whole-breast: Breast

Dec 1, 2018 09:37AM MelissaDallas wrote:

Jessie, the only way I know to change the title on a thread is to PM the Moderators to do it for you

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)