Join Us

We are 219,622 members in 84 forums discussing 161,608 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Could this be ILC Again

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Dec 2, 2018 06:12PM

dakrock wrote:

Well I had my mammogram on Monday and saw my BS right after.  After I had the mammogram they said they needed to do an ultrasound. After the ultrasound person came back in and said the radiologist said everything was okay it was just a cyst.     I don't have to tell you how I was freaking out.  Report says:Left breast ultrasound of the retroareolar region redemonstrates a bilobed cyst at 12 o'clock, 1 cm from the nipple measuring 1.3 x 0.6 x 0.6 cm. The cyst contains debris. On previous ultrasound in 2016, the cyst was larger, measuring up to 2.6 cm.   I'm thinking the letrozole I'm taking is shrinking the cyst if it is really just a cyst.  I'm worried it might be ILC in that breast.

Bonnie Dx 12/4/2017, ILC, Right, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 12/4/2017 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 2/22/2018 Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction, Saline implant Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)

Posts 1 - 6 (6 total)

Dec 2, 2018 07:09PM Dani444 wrote:

dakrock, would your surgeon order an MRI just for your peace of mind? I imagine how stressful that was when they said they needed the ultrasound after the mammo but glad they were being thorough.

DX @ 46, premenopausal, mammaprint low risk Dx 8/21/2018, LCIS/ILC, Right, 4cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 2/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 10/25/2018 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Radiation Therapy 12/6/2018 Lymph nodes, Chest wall Surgery 8/20/2020 Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Dec 3, 2018 10:33AM claireinaz wrote:

Hi there,

Until you find out for sure, try to believe that the AI that you are taking is working and keeping any problems out of your good breast. MRIs seem to be the gold standard for ILC detection, so if your doctor will order one, get one done. I've had two--both ordered by my plastic surgeon: one to see if there were any new problems before my BMX, and the second was post surgery, to see how much breast tissue was left after my surgery. Luckily there was no detectable tissue left over, so I guess my surgeon and plastic surgeon did a really great job.

But there has to be a way to order one for you. Otherwise, I suppose they would biopsy the believed cyst to make sure it's nothing?

Claire in AZ

9/29/11 ILC, 2 c. stage II grade 1, ER/PR+ HER2-, 6/11 nodes, lumpectomy, DDAC x 4, Taxol x 12, 33 rads, Tamoxifen/arimidex/aromasin, BMX/immed recon 7/3/13 "In the midst of winter, I found in me an invincible summer.” Albert Camus

Dec 3, 2018 09:47PM jessie123 wrote:

A younger friend of mine had a fine needle biopsy on her breast -- when the needle reached the cyst it popped and disappeared from the screen. Of course it wasn't a hard cyst. When I just had the core biopsy he didn't hurt at all and the guy stuck me 3 times. I'd go that route.

Dx 11/2018, LCIS/ILC, Left, 2cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/21/2019 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 4/15/2019 Whole-breast: Breast

Dec 4, 2018 08:11AM dtad wrote:

Hi everyone...I agree that you should have a MRI. Its the best screening tool for ILC. Good luck and keep us posted.

Dx 3/20/2015, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/10/2015, ILC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/21/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Dec 4, 2018 03:55PM dakrock wrote:

Thanks for all the support.  I am going to ask my primary care doctor what he thinks I should do at this point.   My BS doesn't think I should have an MRI.   I'll keep you posted.  I see a genetic person 1/7/19.   She is going to check to see if the breast cancer and the melanoma I recently had surgery on have any of the same genes.   I don't know I'm really confused by all of this. 

Bonnie Dx 12/4/2017, ILC, Right, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 12/4/2017 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 2/22/2018 Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction, Saline implant Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Dec 27, 2018 01:12AM princessfluffybritches wrote:

I don't think many people go far enough in investigating findings. And my mri did not show any ILC. I feel like if you've had ILC, and now have what appears to be a cyst, that may require a biopsy to be definitive.

Surgery 7/12/2018 Targeted Therapy 7/13/2018 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 7/13/2018 Femara (letrozole) Dx 7/21/2018, ILC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)