Join Us

We are 220,346 members in 84 forums discussing 161,892 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: new surgeon - much happier

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Dec 4, 2018 10:09PM

jessie123 wrote:

Well, guess it's good that the first hospital messed up my needle core biopsy. I saw the new surgeon today at a teaching hospital who specializes in breast cancer. Took the pathology and radiology reports from the other hospital. This surgeon is going to do another needle core biopsy, MRI and bone scan. She could only feel the lump where I discovered it, but because lobular can go to bone she wants a bone scan. Anyway, she said she couldn't understand how the bad hospital pathologist even diagnosed lobular since he didn't even have enough tissue to diagnosis any of the hormone receptors, grade or Her2. She said my tumor is small -- they measure it with a tape --- she said about an inch, but the first ultrasound said 1.3 cm. Isn't 1.3 cm much smaller than an inch? She did act like she believes it's cancer, but I'm going to still hope for benign. Would IDC be better than lobular -- or is lobular best to have? Thanks to all who made me feel better about the MRI contrast --- ya'll made me feel much better and less scared. The doctor did give me 5 Valium. Since all biopsy's require a second opinion I will ask her to send the sample to an NCI facility for second opinion --- learned that on this board. Also learned enough on this board to understand what she was talking about when she described what's to come.

Dx 11/2018, LCIS/ILC, Left, 2cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/21/2019 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 4/15/2019 Whole-breast: Breast

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Dec 5, 2018 06:52AM Dani444 wrote:

Jessie- I am so glad you found a surgeon you are comfortable with. Trusting your team makes a huge difference in this process. I am glad you were given some meds to help calm your nerves. I Wish you the best on your next biopsy. Sounds like she is being diligent with your care

DX @ 46, premenopausal, mammaprint low risk Dx 8/21/2018, LCIS/ILC, Right, 4cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 2/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 10/25/2018 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Radiation Therapy 12/6/2018 Lymph nodes, Chest wall Surgery 8/20/2020 Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)