Join Us

We are 219,622 members in 84 forums discussing 161,608 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: multicentric ILC

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Dec 21, 2018 09:21AM

betterdazeahead wrote:

Hey all!

As I am waiting for the holiday's to pass by so I can keep moving forward (BMX after the new year as well as MO and RO appointments). I was started on tamoxifen while I wait over concern of it spreading more from what I gather off my pathology report, it will be stopped 2wks before surgery. I am curious as I am having a hard time finding any information on those who have had multicentric ILC. My doctor said they still stage the cancer based on the largest mass size. I am wondering if having multiple masses plays more of a role into treatment. I meet with my MO Jan 14th -- seems like an eternity to wait on all my questions.

Diagnosed at 41 with multicentric ILC 4 tumors and LCIS throughout entire breast Dx 12/3/2018, LCIS/ILC, Left, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 12/9/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 1/30/2019 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Chemotherapy 3/13/2019 AC + T (Taxol)

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Dec 21, 2018 05:32PM - edited Dec 21, 2018 05:33PM by Meow13

I had multicentric Ilc and idc 1cm tumor each. I did a single side mx and DIEP reconstruction. I did 4 years of AI drugs. My oncologist said the teatment for both tumors and ilc and idc is the same.

I am 7 years out no cancer.

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)