We are 219,529 members in 81 forums discussing 155,343 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: LBCA website has great ILC info.

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Mar 14, 2019 04:29PM

Huffpuff wrote:

Imaging interview was just posted. Sign up for Newsletter to stay informed on the latest for ILC.

https://lobularbreastcancer.org

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Mar 14, 2019 05:30PM dakrock wrote:

I just signed up.  Thank you

Bonnie Dx 12/4/2017, ILC, Right, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 12/4/2017 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 2/22/2018 Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction, Saline implant

Mar 25, 2019 11:08AM claireinaz wrote:

Yikes, I just read the fact sheet at the website. "While ILC is frequently associated with an excellent initial prognosis, patients can suffer from late recurrences. Indeed, there is increasing evidence that long-term outcomes of patients with ILC may be worse than those with IDC.[4]".

Lovely to read on a spring morning Singing.

9/29/11 ILC, 2 c. stage II grade 1, ER/PR+ HER2-, 6/11 nodes, lumpectomy, DDAC x 4, Taxol x 12, 33 rads, Tamoxifen/arimidex/aromasin, BMX/immed recon 7/3/13 "In the midst of winter, I found in me an invincible summer.” Albert Camus

Apr 9, 2019 12:44PM Texas357 wrote:

I just found that site yesterday and read the same thing, Claire. I knocked me emotionally sideways, especially since I'd just come from my first visit with a new MO who said "ILC is sneaky and can recur much later than IDC."

Just remember what you were likely told when you were diagnosed: Ignore the statistics because they include people of all ages, all health statuses and all types of treatment.

DX 9/08, ILC, Stage 3A, ER+/PR+, HER2-, 7/13 pos nodes. Mastectomy & six months chemo & 32 rads.Prophy mx 8/09 and they found DCIS and LCIS. Implant only on proph side; LD flap on rad side. 13 surgeries since diagnosis.

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)