We are 226,797 members in 82 forums discussing 158,971 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Textured Breast Implants

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Apr 4, 2019 02:41AM

dakrock wrote:

Well I just went for a 6 month checkup with my plastic surgeon   I did not know about this new report from the FDA.   I have had this type of implant since February 2018.   I am driving myself crazy but finally decided last night to have it removed.  I am not going to replace it with another type.   It seems like every time we get through one phase of this cancer we have another issue to deal with.  I'm so frustrated today.    If you have never heard about this go to any news site and type in textured breast implants.

Bonnie Dx 12/4/2017, ILC, Right, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 12/5/2017 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 2/23/2018 Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction, Saline implant Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Apr 4, 2019 05:07AM - edited Apr 4, 2019 05:16AM by rmgrmg

Welcome to the club. I feel just like you after hearing of the risks of BIA ALCL and got the letter about it from my PS about a month ago. At this point feel like you that I want the implant out and feel discouraged to re implant again only to have to face more possible surgery again in the future as implant complications of rupture, malpositioning (happens more in smooth implants), and capsular contraction ( happens more in smooth implants) increases over time, requiring explant of implant.

Others with textured implants are replacing with smooth. But with resurgeries on the horizon, again I feel like you as well as others on the following site who also explant permanently due to ALCL.

FYI- DR. Mark Clemens MD Anderson, PS contributor liaison to the FDA said in the Silverspring MD webcast Feb 25th 2019 that ---No BIA ALCL has NOT been found in pure smooth implants, without prior textured implant hx, but Mark would not predict that BIA ALCL in a pure smooth would Never happen.

If you explant be sure to get it EN BLOK or complete capsulectomy as those who do not may leave some chance to later still get ALCL.

Racheal

fda webcast referred to above-

http://fda.yorkcast.com/webcast/Play/a6baa43b37004ecab288779ac3a263bd1d

website with others like us with or concerned about ALCL---

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ALCLinwomenwithbreastimplants/

Racheal

Apr 6, 2019 06:49AM dakrock wrote:

rmgrmg

Did you have an explant?   What is the En Blok you are talking about?  This is all so foreign to me.  My plastic surgeon said she would remove all the scar tissue when she removes the implant if that is what I choose to do.   I'm getting it out for sure.  I never liked it to begin with.    I'm living in complete fear now but won't do anything just yet because my son has to have his sigmoid colon removed and has a rectal prolapse that needs to be repaired.  This will happen on April 22nd.   After that date I will schedule a time with my surgeon.  Geez never ending.   

Bonnie Dx 12/4/2017, ILC, Right, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 12/5/2017 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 2/23/2018 Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction, Saline implant Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Apr 15, 2019 02:38PM beach2beach wrote:

I went directly from a double mastectomy to implants. At that time the surgeon told me about the risks of ALL and its connection to textured implants. I chose the smooth. Hopefully nothing happens to them

Dx 7/28/2017, LCIS/DCIS/ILC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/8/2017 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Hormonal Therapy 9/12/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)