We are 226,648 members in 82 forums discussing 158,894 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Need some support

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Jun 27, 2019 06:39AM

skv0123 wrote:

I am having a double mastectomy next week. I have a ILC that is in the right breast. ultrasound showed tumor to be 1.1x1.5x1.7. MRI showed approximately same size, but about 2.2 instead. I am Grade 2, ER/PR+, HER 2 -. I freaking out while waiting for surgery thinking that I can look at my arm pits visually & tell if it has spread to my lymph nodes. I know that really only pathology can tell me about spread and some moments I think my lymph nodes are swollen, others i think they aren't. And, I know if it is in my lymph nodes...we will discuss a plan but I'm feeling really scared, nervous & overwhelmed. I just wanted to jump on & put my feelings out there. Think I'm gonna go for a walk. Thank you!!!!

Page 1 of 1 (8 results)

Posts 1 - 8 (8 total)

Jun 27, 2019 08:27AM Peregrinelady wrote:

Try to quit looking at your armpits! Going for a walk is a great idea. Worrying now is not going to change anything. Deep breathing helps and also binge watching Netflix. 😄
Dx 4/24/2015, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 6/1/2015 Liquid tamoxifen (Soltamox) Surgery 4/17/2016 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic ovary removal; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 7/30/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 27, 2019 08:28AM Moderators wrote:

Hi skv0123,

Thank you for coming here to share your concerns -- you know we're all here for you, and many here have been just where you are, worrying exhaustively while you wait for treatment. Just know that soon enough you'll have all the answers you need to put a treatment plan in place, and you'll start feeling better about moving forward and recovery. Good to go for a walk and clear your head! Try to keep yourself busy and your mind occupied until you know more. We're all here for you whatever happens!

--The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Jun 27, 2019 09:43AM skv0123 wrote:

thank you both so much. I went for a walk & feel much better. I appreciate the support more than I can say

Jun 28, 2019 02:49PM wallycat wrote:

I wish you a good journey on this path. I wish I could tell you not to worry but I know it is a hard sell.

Imaging, worry, even palpating the area won't give you any indication of what you are actually dealing with till the surgery. You can read our stories (I'm a good example) to know how frequently what they think should happen and what actually shows up varies a good deal.

Please post back when your surgery is over. Sending you gentle hugs and good results.

Dx 4/07 1 month before turning 50; ILC 1.8cm, ER+/PR+, HER2 neg., Stage 1, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes. Onco score 20, Bilateral Mast., tamoxifen 3-1/2 years, arimidex-completed 4/20/2012

Jun 28, 2019 05:51PM - edited Jun 28, 2019 05:53PM by jessie123

I may be wrong -- but I think they looked at your lymph nodes during the MRI. No one told me that my nodes were clear after the MRI and I had no idea they were checked, but I think that someone told me later that the MRI was clear for the nodes. Your tumor is smaller than mine and I didn't have node involvement. My guess is that more people don't have node involvement to do. That's just my guess.

Dx 11/2018, LCIS/ILC, Left, 2cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/21/2019 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 4/14/2019 Whole-breast: Breast

Jun 28, 2019 06:46PM skv0123 wrote:

wallycat BC does remind me that life is often a crap shoot. Thank you so much. I will post back after surgery.

jessie123 They told me mine didn’t look swollen, but my BS told me that we don’t know 100 until surgery & pathology

Thank you for all of the support

Jun 28, 2019 08:47PM OnTarget wrote:

Just keep breathing! You'll get through this!

My MRI showed what appeared to be clear nodes, and they ended up fine after surgery. At this point, if they haven't said they see a problem, that is a good indicator!

Good luck with your surgery! I felt so relieved after mine!

Diagnosed at 42, Oncotype score 16, ITC in one node- considered node negative Dx 4/8/2019, ILC, Left, 3cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/23/2019, ILC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/15/2019 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 6/13/2019 Zoladex (goserelin) Chemotherapy 8/5/2019 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 11/6/2019 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Jun 29, 2019 12:01PM skv0123 wrote:

onTarget - Thank you!!!

Page 1 of 1 (8 results)