We are 224,985 members in 82 forums discussing 158,057 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Medication Switch from Letrozole to Arimidex

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Sep 14, 2019 08:28AM

dakrock wrote:

I am starting a new medication tomorrow. Has anyone taken this and had any problems. I did not want to try Tomoxifen so my oncologist said lets try Arimidex (Anastrozole). Just curious has anyone had any problems with this particular drug?

Thanks

Bonnie Dx 12/4/2017, ILC, Right, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 12/5/2017 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 2/23/2018 Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction, Saline implant Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Sep 14, 2019 10:33AM trinigirl50 wrote:

I had very bad stiffness on Arrimidex. I switched to Letrozole (opposite of you). Same thing. I cant say one is better than the other. It might be for you. My cholesterol is going up (always been normal) so I might try switching back to Arimidex to see if that makes any difference. Probably not. They both had pretty much the same side effects for me. Well more hair thinning on Letrozole but maybe that's because I am on it longer.

trinigirl50 Dx 3/7/2015, ILC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIIC, Grade 2, 20/24 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 3/7/2015 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy 4/14/2015 AC + T (Taxotere) Hormonal Therapy 9/14/2015 Arimidex (anastrozole), Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy 10/1/2015 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Sep 14, 2019 12:47PM dakrock wrote:

Thanks for letting me know. I will start tomorrow and hopefully will at least be the same as Letrozole and no worse. Good luck to you and keep the faith.

Bonnie Dx 12/4/2017, ILC, Right, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 12/5/2017 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 2/23/2018 Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction, Saline implant Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Sep 15, 2019 04:09AM Hannah1962 wrote:

Hi,

I am on the letrozole with no side effects whatsoever. I'm lucky as it is the first AI medication I tried. The doctor who prescribed it to me said sometimes people react with side effects to one of the AI meds and not a different one. She was ready to try a different one if I had trouble on the letrozole. So if the med you are given does not work for you, ask to try a different one. But in the meantime, don't worry, many of us are taking these without any problems. I hope you have no side effects too. Keep us posted!

Dx 12/7/2018, ILC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Sep 16, 2019 06:18AM claireinaz wrote:

Many do great on Arimidex. It's kind of dependent on our individual physiology. I had pretty awful side effects on it, so I switched to Exemestane and after nearly 5 years, no problems whatsoever.

Claire in AZ

9/29/11 ILC, 2 c. stage II grade 1, ER/PR+ HER2-, 6/11 nodes, lumpectomy, DDAC x 4, Taxol x 12, 33 rads, Tamoxifen/arimidex/aromasin, BMX/immed recon 7/3/13 "In the midst of winter, I found in me an invincible summer.” Albert Camus

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)