Join Us

We are 218,705 members in 84 forums discussing 161,183 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Breast/Arm Pit Pain with Lobular?

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Jan 2, 2020 02:40PM

Pif wrote:

Hi,

I just got my biopsy results on New Year's Eve. I'm a 12 year survivor of IDS, but this cancer is Lobular. My breast looks (or looked okay--bruised now after biopsy) but there is some pain. I've had slight pain or a tightening in my armpit off and on for a couple of months, but when I went in the doctor couldn't find anything so she said it was nothing to worry about. When some tenderness in my breast started, again off and on, I kept looking until I found a small lump. The doctor said she didn't feel anything, but she did schedule a mamagram & ultrasound when I told her there was pain, so here we are.

My question is the pain. Is this normal or am I just sore from the biopsy? My surgeon will see me in a week and I hate the wait while I seem to feel it getting worse and trying to tell my grown children and husband about the cancer in a way that doesn't scare them too badly.

Has anyone else with Intrusive Lobular had this kind of achy pain?

Thanks for your help and any encouragement!

Best Wishes,

Pif

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Posts 1 - 5 (5 total)

Jan 2, 2020 04:05PM Moderators wrote:

Dear Pif,

Welcome to the BCO community. We are sorry that your new diagnosis brought you here. We hope that you can receive the support and information that will help you along the way. Here is a link to a page on our main site about Lobular Breast Cancer - Signs and Symptoms. We hope that some of this information might be helpful. Stay active here and let us know how we can assist you with navigating the community.

The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Jan 6, 2020 06:42PM nash wrote:

Pif, I've had ILC in both breasts on three different occasions. Twice no pain, once lots of pain. The lots of pain one was a very large, rapidly growing 8 cm tumor that my onc suspects might actually be metastatic disease that landed in the breast, as opposed to a new primary.

That being said, I suspect your pain may be biopsy related.

Stage IV Pleomorphic ILC, initially diagnosed at age 38 Dx 6/7/2007, ILC, Left, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 7/19/2007 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 8/1/2007 CAF Radiation Therapy 12/27/2007 Whole-breast: Breast, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 3/1/2008 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Dx 4/24/2015, ILC, Left, 1cm, Stage IV, metastasized to other, Grade 2, 0/10 nodes, ER+/PR+ Surgery 5/15/2015 Mastectomy; Reconstruction (left): Latissimus dorsi flap Dx 2/1/2018, ILC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to other, Grade 3, ER+/PR+ Chemotherapy 2/15/2018 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxol (paclitaxel), Taxotere (docetaxel) Dx 6/20/2018, ILC, Both breasts, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to brain/bone, Grade 3, ER+/PR+ Targeted Therapy 7/1/2018 Ibrance (palbociclib) Dx 7/17/2020, ILC, Both breasts, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to brain/bone, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy 7/17/2020 Xeloda (capecitabine) Radiation Therapy 7/23/2020 Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant), Zoladex (goserelin) Radiation Therapy External: Brain

Jan 6, 2020 10:13PM jessie123 wrote:

Pain was how I found my 2 cm ILC. It was a quick sharp pain. That doesn't sound like what you are going through - but yes -- cancer occasionally causes pain. Also my ILC was a lump - not a thickening. I'm sorry you are having to go through this a second time.

Dx 11/2018, LCIS/ILC, Left, 2cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/21/2019 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 4/15/2019 Whole-breast: Breast

Jan 7, 2020 06:32AM Mavericksmom wrote:

Hi Pif, I too had pain in my breast and that was the reason my ILC was discovered. Mine was caught early, only 1.4 cm but I was angry because when I had IDC in 2003 I was told many timesthat pain was not a symptom of breast cancer. Obviously they were wrong! Had it not been for the pain, I would most likely have the cancer growing inside me today. It did not show up on the mammogram. It showed up on an ultrasound.

Wishing you well moving forward! One day at a time!

Dx 6/6/2003, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/24 nodes, ER+/PR+ Dx 12/4/2018, ILC, Left, 1cm, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH)

Jan 7, 2020 01:27PM Pif wrote:

Thank you all for responding! Cancer is always scary, but I too wasn't expecting pain so now just waiting for MRI report from yesterday and surgeon consult on Thursday. It's so helpful to know there are others out there even though I wish none of us were going through this.

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)