Join Us

We are 218,775 members in 84 forums discussing 161,216 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Positive margins s/p b mast

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Jul 18, 2020 09:26PM

MSS_27_72 wrote:

Hi there! I’m 48 y/o pre menopausal mother of 2 middle schoolers dx with ILC dec 2019 and s/p bilateral mast 02/20. My cancer was missed “for years” despite yearly mammo and ULS with most recent “all clear” 3 mos before diagnosis as breasts extremely dense and tumor very high on chest, 3 fingers below clavicle- mammo missed and seems ULS as well. Tumor was 2.6 cm multi focal with two positive deep chest wall margins and lymphovascular invasion (LVI). Surgeon brought in ultrasound to attempt best possible margin as it was set in. Ki67 is 20%; grade 2. I was tx at Morristown Memorial Hospital in NJ and had second opinion at Memorial Sloan. My Oncotype 13 and ER/PR + 100% and HER 2 neg. Given pre menopausal status both tumor boards recommended PMRT for 8 weeks to axillary/mammary and clavicle nodes. Told chemo would have no benefit. PMRT concluded May 2020 and on Tami since with tubes/ovary removal scheduled for next month with tissue expander switch out to implants at the same time. Will remain on Tami to eliminate any adrenal/fat estrogen If anyone has similar aggressive pathology with LVI and positive margins; please share your story. I am living with “unresectable” cancer in my mind even though “early stage”. Thanks in advance for your kind consideration and bravery/courage/support. Hugs from the Garden State xx

Dx 12/23/2019, ILC, Left, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 2/5/2020 Mastectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy 3/14/2020 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 4/17/2020 Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)