Join Us

We are 218,706 members in 84 forums discussing 161,183 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Confusing Pathology Report

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Oct 19, 2020 08:49PM

trishazma wrote:

Hi everyone. Glad I found this group. I was just advised of the following and am trying to figure out what it means. Any help would be very much appreciated. So here is what is on my report::

INVASIVE LOBULAR CARCINOMA, 1.0 MM IN GREATEST DIMENSION WITH ASSOCIATED EXTENSIVE LOBULAR CARCINOMA IN
SITU WITH ASSOCIATED STOMAL FIBROSIS SUGGESTIVE OF RADIAL SCAR FORMATION, SEE COMMENT.
Comment: Immunohisto chemical stain for E-Cadherin is absent in the small focus ofinvasive carcinoma and in the in situ
carcinoma.Immunohistoc hemical stain for CK5/6 and p63 show absence of myoepithelial cell staining in the small focus of
invasive carcinoma. ER is moderately positive in 90% of the cells of the invasive carcinoma.

note from me: it seem like I dont have cancer. would you guys agree. thanks Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 1 (9 results)

Posts 1 - 9 (9 total)

Oct 19, 2020 09:08PM MelissaDallas wrote:

Hi Trishazma, sorry you find yourself here.

Yes, you do have cancer. You have:

1. Invasive lobular carcinoma. The E-Cadherin staining being negative confirms that it is lobular and not ductal carcinoma. Not that it is not cancer.

2. Lobular Carcinoma In Situ, which are atypical lobular cells that are not as “far along” in their abnormality. Your invasive cancer may have arisen from this condition.

3. You possibly have a Complex Sclerosing Lesion (Radial Scar), another atypical lesion.

Your treatment for #1, which is the most serious, will take care of #2 and #3.

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Oct 19, 2020 09:44PM trishazma wrote:

Wow that was quick - thank you. Since I am new how were you able to interpret it. Thanks

Oct 19, 2020 09:47PM MelissaDallas wrote:

I have/had LCIS, so know the E-Cadherin test is to confirm that it is lobular. I’ve read a lot and been around here a long time

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Oct 19, 2020 10:01PM trishazma wrote:

ok thanks. what did you have to go thru. Are you ok now

Oct 20, 2020 12:46AM Moderators wrote:

Welcome, trishazma-

We're so sorry you find yourself here, but we hope you find this to be a supportive place. We know you probably have a lot of questions, and hopefully you get some more information once you see your doctor to review the findings, but in the meantime our community will do our best to support you and offer some insight and guidance!

The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Nov 7, 2020 09:26PM trishazma wrote:

I'm back and have learned a little bit more ILC. Now I am ready to go and trying to find a good surgeon in Miami or Broward County (prefer Broward).

1. Anyone have any ideas or recommendations for surgeons familiar with ILC?

2. Anyone chose a full mastectomy versus lumpectomy?

3. I would love to hear others experiences with ILC

Thank you so much in advance

Nov 7, 2020 09:31PM MinusTwo wrote:

There is an active Florida group. Check out the search area to find it. Seems to me someone recently asked about Florida docs and some answers were posted. Or you can start a new thread - Florida recommendations please.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Nov 7, 2020 09:47PM trishazma wrote:

will do - thanks

Nov 15, 2020 11:36AM Hipline wrote:

Trishazma, you can also find information about lobular at https://lobularbreastcancer.org

There is even a "questions to ask your doctor" download that may help when you meet with your medical team. Best wishes!

Pleomorphic ILC, Onco DX score 16 Dx 11/16/2010, ILC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/13/2010 Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant Hormonal Therapy 1/31/2011 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 1/23/2014 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 12/5/2018 Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Page 1 of 1 (9 results)