Join Us

We are 224,935 members in 83 forums discussing 163,793 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Florida recommendations for ILC Surgeons

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Nov 7, 2020 09:49PM

trishazma wrote:

I am looking and looking and looking. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I live in Broward County and am willing to go to Miami. I just want a surgeon who is good with ILC.

Thank you

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Nov 21, 2020 07:09PM jessie123 wrote:

I don't know how far Jacksonville is from you, but there is an M.D. Anderson there. The main M.D. Anderson is in Houston and is one of the top cancer centers in the country.

Dx 11/2018, LCIS/ILC, Left, 2cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/21/2019 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 4/15/2019 Whole-breast: Breast

Nov 21, 2020 09:40PM - edited Nov 21, 2020 09:46PM by ShetlandPony

The top-level (NCCN) cancer centers in Florida are Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville and Moffitt in Tampa. A good second choice (NCI) would be University of Miami Miller School of Medicine Cancer Center. If these are too far for treatment, an option is to use them for getting the diagnosis completed and a treatment plan to implement locally.

ILC patients should have a breast MRI before surgery to catch any additional tumors or involved nodes. Breast MRI is the most sensitive imaging for ILC.

A good source for info on ILC is

https://lobularbreastcancer.org/

P.S. It is going to get confusing if you start new threads for similar questions. It looks like you have three on this question now, and members who wish to answer won’t know what has already been said.

2011 Stage I ITCs sn, premenopausal, Oncotype 16. 2014 Stage IV mets breast,liver. TaxolNEAD. Ibrance+letrozole 2yrs. Fas+afinitor nope. XelodaNEAD 2yrs. Eribulin,Doxil nope. SUMMIT FaslodexHerceptinNeratinib for Her2mut NEAD 1 1/2yrs. GI/perit mets Dx 2011, ILC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 2014, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/other, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast Surgery Lumpectomy

Dec 12, 2020 10:52PM trishazma wrote:

hi all... its been a heck of a journey since I last visited.. andddd! I was going to write about horrible everything was for me. Then my eyes drifted about 18 rows above and I really read that fineprint where you all list your dx and my heart just jolted out compassion and gratitude for you all being here. (sorry for the run on). So a big thank you to everyone on here.

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)