Join Us

We are 218,658 members in 84 forums discussing 161,163 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: ILC and Verenzio

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Nov 18, 2020 03:21PM

aznetrook wrote:

Hi all. I had a dmx due to ILC that got missed in a 2019 surgery (lumpectomy with 28 rounds radiation) on Sept 14, 2020. I am on Aromasin (8 weeks) and am in my 3rd week of Verzenio. My Onco prescribed Colestipol 1gm to be taken with the Verenzio. I have had near zero diarrhea, soft and often in the morning hours, but not diarrhea. My doc said the colestipol grabs the bile acids caused by the Verenzio, forms it into a stool and it passes without the enormous diarrhea side effect. I did not believe her (I bought immodium and diapers! to have on hand but have not used any of it).

I am curious is anyone else is on this protocol (Verenzio and Colestipol)? How long? How is it going???

Today I have a heavy feeling in my throat, as if I had an enormous amount of mucus stuck there, but nothing is in my throat. Throat issues are not on the side effect list for Verenzio. It is possible I have thickened mucus but I have no symptoms of a cold.