Join Us

We are 224,935 members in 83 forums discussing 163,793 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Post surgery, questions about next steps

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Feb 16, 2021 02:11AM

Aviphotos wrote:

ILC grade 2, 3 cm ER/PR+ Her2-, ki67 18% has lumpectomy and oncoplastic surgery last Wednesday (2/10/21) so I'm up not able to sleep with kids of questions. I don't have surgery pathology or oncotype yet but bs did say he found cells in the 2 sentinel nodes he removed. I don't have another appointment until Mar 2 but will see both bs and MO (first appt) on that day.

My biggest question right now is if you're node positive, how do they know you don't have metastatic unless they do a pet scan? Or have I not gotten to this step yet? Or do you just assume you don't until you have symptoms or a problem?

I'm trying not to worry about the chemo decision until I see pathology and oncotype, but man it's hard!

Sleepless in Florida, aka Tami

Dx 11/23/2020, ILC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/9/2021 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Radiation Therapy 4/29/2021 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 6/28/2021 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Feb 16, 2021 04:02AM AliceBastable wrote:

Mine was also ER/PR+ and HR-. I had a micromet in my sentinel node. My oncologist was ready to order a port to be put in during the re-excision I needed for clean margins, but the Oncotype results came back just in time with a score of 17, which for me meant no chemo. But my tumor was smaller, around 2 cm, only the sentinel node lit up, and I was 68. With a larger tumor and more nodes, it might be different for you, although I THINK up to three positive nodes can still mean no chemo, depending on other factors. Age is also taken into consideration.

Endometrial cancer 2010, basal cell multiples, breast cancer 2018, kidney cancer 2018. Boring. Hope it stays that way. Dx 5/2018, ILC, Left, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/11/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 8/8/2018 Radiation Therapy 10/29/2018 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)