Log in to post a reply
Mar 25, 2021 08:30PM
Please forgive me if I don’t handle you with kid gloves. You are reading the tea leaves, my friend and that is a very poor basis for reaching conclusions. So yes, I am going to say that you’re overreacting, especially trying to interpret why the visit has been postponed. I understand that you, and everyone, wants things to move quickly but the reality is that breast cancer is not usually an emergency. It is very unlikely that anything will change, with respect to your mother’s condition, in a few weeks, really.
Of greater concern is the fact that you clearly don’t trust your moms doctor and staff, if you believe they would lie to you. That’s a pretty serious accusation and if you have so little faith in them then maybe switching doctors is in order. How does your mother feel about this? She will have an ongoing relationship with her mo so if you believe that this doctor would lie then find another mo. Your mom will have much less anxiety over treatments and the road forward if she trusts her doctor.
Lastly, even if there were mets discovered on her scans it would take far less than 3 weeks to formulate a treatment plan. Eric, it is clear that you love your mom and I am truly touched by your devotion but I simply don’t see any red flags in any of the info you posted. The word cancer does create anxiety and we wish that everything that needs to be done happens quickly, but again, most bc is not an emergency and we shouldn’t rationally expect our care providers to treat it as such (even if that’s what we really wish). Take good care of yourself.
Bilateral mx 9/7/11 with one step ns reconstruction. As of 11/21/11, 2cm met to upper left femur
7/8/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-
9/7/2011 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right)
11/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-
11/21/2011 Arimidex (anastrozole)
6/19/2014 Femara (letrozole)