Join Us

We are 221,193 members in 83 forums discussing 161,890 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Cancerversary today

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Apr 7, 2021 08:42AM

wallycat wrote:

Completed 14 years and on to 15.

I did have an incidental icky lab result that caused a bunch of labs, blah, blah and have been dx as MGUS. No relationship to breast cancer. I did get a bone marrow MRI and everything was normal and clear, so that sort of made me feel good since I have had zero scans or tumor markers for my breast cancer. The MGUS will be followed and if I am in the majority, this sort of just hangs out and does nothing till I die of something else. If I am unfortunate, it could turn into myeloma. So many new treatments since even 5 years ago...so as all of us here, the sword of Damocles hanging over us....I try to remind myself to enjoy and live each day well. Some days are easier than others, LOL.

On a sad note, my kitty-cat, BB, is unwell so everyone in our little family seems to be affected by something.

Dx 4/07 1 month before turning 50; ILC 1.8cm, ER+/PR+, HER2 neg., Stage 1, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes. Onco score 20, Bilateral Mast., tamoxifen 3-1/2 years, arimidex-completed 4/20/2012

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Apr 7, 2021 09:15AM ctmbsikia wrote:

Wonderful being disease free for that long! Yea wallycat!!!! I remember your most recent postings regarding MGUS, and hope that all stays well. Sorry about the kitty cat.

Dx 12/14/2017, DCIS/IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 1/16/2018, LCIS, Right Surgery 1/30/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 4/10/2018 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 6/25/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Apr 7, 2021 07:28PM OnTarget wrote:

Congratulations on another year free of breast cancer!!

Awesome!

Diagnosed at 42, Oncotype score 16, ITC in one node- considered node negative. Lost right implant to infection March 2020. Waiting to start reconstruction all over again. Dx 4/8/2019, ILC, Left, 3cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/23/2019, ILC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/15/2019 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 6/13/2019 Zoladex (goserelin) Chemotherapy 8/5/2019 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 11/6/2019 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Apr 8, 2021 11:13AM SaraJay wrote:

This is what I needed to read today. I'm 39 and just diagnosed with ILC yesterday. It's so fresh and terrifying for me while I go through all of the scans. CT yesterday and bone scan today. I'm ER and PR positive and waiting for HER2. One axillary lymph node was biopsied and is positive and that's got me very worried. I'm a single mom of a 12 year old daughter who needs me.

I'm not here to hijack your thread. Congrats and you give me hope.

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)