Join Us

We are 224,366 members in 83 forums discussing 163,513 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Recently diagnosed

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Apr 20, 2021 01:20PM

suezq1962 wrote:

I was diagnosed with ILC on 4-6 it was found through a breast MRI that my doctor has been requesting for the last 3 years because of my family history ( Mom 3x and both Grandmas). I’m very thankful because my mammo came back good and didn’t have any symptoms

Had core BX and have met with oncologist and surgeon treatment plan is radiation if oncotype score is low enough with a lumpectomy and anti estrogen therapy for 5 years

It was Grade 1 type 2 from core BX. Looking for any feedback ,words of wisdom from experience ...hoping I’m making the right decisions

I’m a little freaked out ......just hoping for the best possible outcome.

Dx 4/7/2021, ILC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Apr 20, 2021 01:32PM - edited Apr 20, 2021 01:33PM by Moderators

Hi suezq1962, and welcome to Breastcancer.org.

We're so very sorry to hear of your diagnosis, but we're really glad you've found us. You're sure to find our amazing Community an incredible source of advice, information, encouragement, and support -- we're all here for you!

It's hard to not be a little (okay, even a lot!) freaked out, but try to remain calm and positive. The more you find out about your diagnosis and your treatment plan, the better you'll start to feel. Keep us all posted with what you find out from your doctors and we'll be right here with you as you navigate treatment and beyond!

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help while you explore our Community.

--The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Apr 20, 2021 08:57PM wallycat wrote:

I'm sorry you are joining us here but glad you found us.

I think the lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy will help you navigate treatment. The TaylorX study has some suggestions which may guide you as well...age and node status can help you and your doctor make some decisions.

Best to you.

Dx 4/07 1 month before turning 50; ILC 1.8cm, ER+/PR+, HER2 neg., Stage 1, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes. Onco score 20, Bilateral Mast., tamoxifen 3-1/2 years, arimidex-completed 4/20/2012

Apr 21, 2021 06:47PM suezq1962 wrote:

Thank You Wallycat

I have read up on The Onco DX and understand it much better now and how it will play a role in a definite treatment plan...... I appreciate your feedback......Thank You

Dx 4/7/2021, ILC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)