Join Us

We are 224,366 members in 83 forums discussing 163,513 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Wait time for ILC DMX surgery

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Aug 13, 2021 11:51AM - edited Aug 13, 2021 11:55AM by ShellBellz

ShellBellz wrote:

I was diagnosed with ILC in early July and have a surgery date for September 20th due to doctor's travels. The growth is large (whether several small or medium w/some small is unknown yet). That long of a wait is giving me some major anxiety since I first noticed a protruding lump back in May. Has anyone else had a lengthy wait for mastectomy with ILC? Any thoughts or insight would be incredibly valuable and appreciated.

Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Log in to post a reply

Aug 13, 2021 01:05PM Moderators wrote:

Hi ShellBellz, and welcome to Breastcancer.org,

We're so sorry for the reasons that bring you here, but we're really glad you've found us. You're sure to find our amazing Community an incredible source of advice, information, encouragement, and support -- we're all here for you!

We wanted to point you to this thread another new member started, who is in a similar boat; you're sure to find some posts there encouraging while you wait for some answers here.

We hope this helps and we look forward to hearing more from you! Welcome again!

--The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...
Log in to post a reply

Aug 13, 2021 01:56PM Bookpusher wrote:

I am so sorry you have the added stress of a long wait time. Medically speaking, I don’t know if that wait time is problematic or not - but mentally and emotionally it would be very difficult.

Is there any possibility of seeking a second opinion/seeing another surgeon in the hopes of pushing up the surgery date? I was diagnosed with multifocal grade 3 DCIS with comedo neucrosis. My first surgeon was not a good fit and my surgery wait was longer than I could tolerate. I sought a 2nd opinion at another breast center and found a wonderful surgeon who could do my surgery 3 weeks sooner.

I realize we all have different levels of anxiety and while I would not be able to wait that long others might.

I wish you well and hope others with more medical info will give you their opinion. Personally, I would be scrambling to find another option. (I am the nervous nelly type though)

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)