Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

needing support

Options
momand2kids
momand2kids Member Posts: 118

Hi all,

back after my MRI in Sept-they found fat necrosis in my left breast--everything else ok-- of course in September I was only a little worried-but now I go back on 3/29- and a little anxious-- I am trying to reassure myself with the report from then which was "unlikely to be malignant" but you know how it goes.... just looking for good thoughts !!!!

Comments

• ctmbsikia
    ctmbsikia Member Posts: 753
    Options

I've been there. Usually 2 weeks before a test or an appointment I get anxious. Try to tell myself just worry about it when it happens, but when they see something, they follow it, and being in the 6 month club is no fun. It has gotten a bit better with time and having more knowledge (thanks to everyone @ bc.org). I just had an MRI last week, and finally no more see you in 6 months!!!

Best of luck and sending good thoughts to you to just get through it with clear results.

• lillyishere
    lillyishere Member Posts: 770
    Options

"unlikely to be malignant" is a typical note in all benign tests I had. No one says 100% is not malignant. If the radiologist was a bit suspicious would have recommended other tests before the 6-month mark. Good luck on march 29.

• quietgirl
    quietgirl Member Posts: 165
    Options

So I was going to write something more but decided that I would just send you a picture of my new desk accessory. It’s the angel of good health. I try to remind myself that worrying isn’t going to change the outcome of any test but it’s not always easy. Thinking of you and wishing you peace

• krystinem
    krystinem Member Posts: 7
    Options

Hang in there!!

I totally get what you are feeling. I do pretty well, up until close to appointment or scan time.

Scanxiety is real and a totally normal response. I hope you are able to find somethings to distract yourself while you are waiting.

• momand2kids
    Options

Thanks all-- it gets a little easier each year-but it never ocmpletely disappears-- I did also have a PCP appointment scheduled on the same day- I rescheduled--only so much stress in one day- and I usually race back to the office, but I am just going to take the day off---- just feeling the need to slow it all down.

I am optimistic about the outcome, but as the day grows nearer, the anxiety grows.--LOVE the angel of good health!!!

• momand2kids
    Options

Hi

so I had to change the appointment to Monday 4/4-- so just a few more days until I can move on!!

• ilctimes3
    ilctimes3 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Does anyone else have 3 ILC in one breast? One is HER+ one is HER- Had 2 lumpectomys : one with 2 very small tumors, one with an ILC Mass. Now am in Chemotherapy and having a very hard time controlling the side effects. This is my second fight with breast cancer. The first was 18 years ago with no problems.

• hlya
    hlya Member Posts: 29
    Options

Hi, I hear you! We all went through the hard time and I totally understand the feeling. Talk to us if that would help you better! Heart