Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Denver area event to learn about ILC - June 1, 2022

Options
hipline
hipline Member Posts: 72

There will be a free meeting June 1, 2022 for patients, advocates, researchers, and clinicians interested in learning about Lobular Breast Cancer. Organized by Dr Matt Sikora, lobular researcher, and Dr Tracy Cushing, clinician and lobular breast cancer patient, this informative evening will cover the biology, unique pathology and clinical management of lobular breast cancer. If you can't make it in person, you can still register and request to be sent the zoom link to view the meeting at a later date.

As both a lobular patient and a research advocate I am excited about the research Dr Sikora's lab is undertaking focusing on lobular and encourage you to register for the event.

Link to register for free lobular June 1 Event

Link to Dr Sikora's lab

Comments

• FaithAndTrust
    FaithAndTrust Member Posts: 14
    Options

Thank you Hipline..I have just registered for this.

• hipline
    Options

Just a reminder that this event is coming up June 1 and will be a great introduction not only to lobular breast cancer but a top lobular researcher and clinician. If you are in the area, it will be well worth your time. Register here.

• hipline
    Options

There is an updated flyer for the Denver area meeting coming June 1. And here is the registration LINK.

Thank you!

• veeder14
    veeder14 Member Posts: 269
    Options

Did anyone attend? What new info was presented about diagnostics and treatments

• hipline
    Options

Here is a link to the recording of the meeting. It was well attended and very informative. The video is just under an hour and includes three speakers. So grateful to the CU team!

youtube link: https://youtu.be/ay8DTb_4h_k

• veeder14
    veeder14 Member Posts: 269
    Options

Thank you hiplin

• lovelau
    lovelau Member Posts: 40
    Options

i have had morning anxiety for the past 5 years. Nothing has helped so far for the anxiety. Had bilateral mastectomy with no reconstruction in remission.

My oncologist turned me over to the pcp. So no follow up, no tests. Anyone in similar situation. All mixed up want to be normal again. Want the monkey off my back. thanks

Did the talk address anxiety issues? I think my doctors are not very reassuring and very clinical. I think that gives me the anxiety as well. I would like to live my life and enjoy it instead of worrying and feeling down. There is just so much info on the negative side I Read that 87% don’t get it back.
    how can I learn to relax, I pray all the time and thank God for my few friends who give me support. Tried meditation deep breathing tms meds etc.

Thank you for any information and bless all of you.

• lovelau
    lovelau Member Posts: 40
    Options

i have had morning anxiety for the past 5 years. Nothing has helped so far for the anxiety. Had bilateral mastectomy with no reconstruction in remission.

My oncologist turned me over to the pcp. So no follow up, no tests. Anyone in similar situation. All mixed up want to be normal again. Want the monkey off my back. thanks

Did the talk address anxiety issues? I think my doctors are not very reassuring and very clinical. I think that gives me the anxiety as well. I would like to live my life and enjoy it instead of worrying and feeling down. There is just so much info on the negative side I Read that 87% don’t get it back.
    how can I learn to relax, I pray all the time and thank God for my few friends who give me support. Tried meditation deep breathing tms meds etc.

Thank you for any information and bless all of you.

• hipline
    Options

Hello,

I'm sorry you are feeling anxious, I know how frustrating that can be. This particular talk did not talk about anxiety per se but I think there are good resources here on BreastCancer.org to help you. If you search "Mental Health" you will find a forum with a number of topics and can connect with others who feel the same way and hopefully gather some insight and strength from their experiences. Anxiety is a natural reaction to a BC diagnosis and I can tell you that even after 11 years it still hits me at times. I take a long walk and pet the dog! Sending you my best.