Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

LBCA founder and lobular advocate Leigh Pate has passed

Options
hipline
hipline Member Posts: 72

It is with a heavy heart that I share the news that Leigh Pate, founder of the Lobular Breast Cancer Alliance (LBCA) has died. Leigh did not die from lobular breast cancer, but from complications from stage 4 fallopian tube/ovarian cancer. She was diagnosed with this second primary cancer several years ago and went through many treatments trying to kick its ass.

I met Leigh in 2016 at the first ever International Lobular BC Symposium - which I learned about from a post here on bc.org. She was a well trained and passionate advocate and spoke at a number of meetings and presented many a webinar. She was generous with her time, always willing to help train new advocates and educate about the uniqueness of lobular breast cancer. She wrote a great blog and was an accomplished photographer. She loved to hike and enjoy nature. I worked closely with her at the LBCA and can honestly say that organization would not be where it is today without her. She pushed us all to work harder, smarter and educate ourselves. Rest in peace Leigh and thank you for everything you have done.

Comments

• lillyishere
    lillyishere Member Posts: 770
    edited June 2022
    Options

I read the news and even though I never met her personally, I saw her on webinars. So sad! RIP Leigh.

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,682
    edited June 2022
    Options

I also read this, and it was so sad to hear. I’m sorry for the LBCA, who lost a wonderful advocate.