Join Us

We are 224,943 members in 83 forums discussing 163,795 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: So afraid

Forum: Triple-Negative Breast Cancer —

Share with others who have ER-/PR-/HER2- breast cancer.

Posted on: Apr 2, 2019 06:44PM

Deb65 wrote:

Hi,

I was just diagnosed with the dreaded triple negative BC about a week ago. I am devastated to say the least. I will have MRI next week and also see SO and MO next week. It was found to be in one of my lymphnoids as well during my biopsy. I also have had some neck pain not bad but neck pain for several months that I now have myself convinced is my BC spread. This anxiety is so very hard. Thanks for being here and sharing.

Deb

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)

Posts 1 - 7 (7 total)

Apr 2, 2019 08:35PM santabarbarian wrote:

I presented with TNBC that had moved to my lymph node(s) already. TNBC can be defeated with aggressive treatment so please do not despair! Get informed, be determined, do everything you can to help yourself. You can defeat TNBC.

pCR after neoadjuvant chemo w/ integrative practices; Proton rads. Dx 7/13/2018, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy 8/12/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 12/27/2018 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 2/11/2019 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Apr 2, 2019 09:05PM Deb65 wrote:

Thanks so much for the encouragement and I do plan to fight my a** off to meet this. How are you doing now? How did they treat yours? Thanks so much for the feedback. It's a scary time.

Apr 24, 2019 03:17PM purplestargazer wrote:

I'm in treatment for the second time and I will say that most women will tell you that getting through the process of diagnosis is the most difficult part of surviving BC.

Try not to assume the worst as you go through staging. I know it's incredibly difficult. We've all been there.

Dx 6/12/2017, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 7/9/2017 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxol (paclitaxel), Xeloda (capecitabine) Dx 3/12/2019, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 4/9/2019 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Chemotherapy 4/30/2019 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Gemzar (gemcitabine)

Apr 24, 2019 07:47PM kber wrote:

yeah it’s scary. I’ll pass along what my oncologist said about triple negative. There’s a slew of research, started 10 years ago or so, that’s about to come to fruition. In fact, a new immunotherapy was approved a few weeks ago and it’s just the front of the waive. TNBC is aggressive, but also can be very responsive to chemo. The reoccurrence rate is scary, but pass the 5 year mark, and our odds are the same as everyone else’s. Even in the past 18 months some protocols and thinking has shifted. We can do this!

Dx 11/2018, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIB, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 12/6/2018 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxol (paclitaxel) Surgery 5/27/2019 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 7/16/2019 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall

Apr 28, 2019 02:28PM santabarbarian wrote:

Deb I had chemo first, then surgery (lumpectomy), then Proton rads. My chemo was successful at getting me a pCR but because of LX I had to do rads.

The chemo I took, Carboplatin & Taxotere, is more commonly prescribed to Her2+ people, but it's bit less gnarly than the AC/T most people get and I came through it well (though by the end I got very tired!).

pCR after neoadjuvant chemo w/ integrative practices; Proton rads. Dx 7/13/2018, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy 8/12/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 12/27/2018 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 2/11/2019 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

May 9, 2019 09:49PM - edited May 10, 2019 03:03PM by awhtsnk98

Triple negative breast cancer diagnosis.One week post modified radical mastectomy with 20/20 positive lymph nodes. Have a lot of swelling and numbness with a large "hump" or swelling under and toward the back of my underarm. Is this normal? Having PET Scan and CT scan next week and starting chemo week after scans. Really scary diagnosis. Praying for a good outcome. Any thoughts? Has anyone else had this many positive lymph nodes?

May 10, 2019 12:36AM Reina_de_los_changos wrote:

Hi Deb! I was diagnosed almost three years ago. I had two small lumps and one lymph node, mastectomy, no reconstruction, and 14 rounds of chemo. I’m not special. If I can fight the fight, so can you! You got this. Sending prayers, love, and positive vibes your way!

Dawn

Dx 8/16/2016, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/16 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 9/9/2016 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 10/12/2016 AC + T (Taxol)

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)