Join Us

We are 224,943 members in 83 forums discussing 163,796 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Question about treatment option routes after AC

Forum: Triple-Negative Breast Cancer —

Share with others who have ER-/PR-/HER2- breast cancer.

Posted on: May 27, 2019 06:37PM

bcnav wrote:

Hi. I’ve posted some background before. But briefly my mom was diagnosed with TNBC IIB grade 3 with one tumor in breast and one in lymph node. We’ve completed AC with a 60% reduction in breast and 90% in lymph node. Oncologist has given us the following options:

1) Paclitaxel with carboplatin

2) nab-Paclitaxel with atezolizumab

3) Paclitaxel and carboplatin with panitumumab

The second option is the preferred because the initial biopsy had showed lymphocytes (TILs). I’ve done some research but I’m feeling quite overwhelmed. I’m just wanting to get some thoughts on her current response and the available options.

Thank you very much.

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

May 28, 2019 09:14AM santabarbarian wrote:

Do they have a guess on the type of TNBC? TILs are a good sign for immune response...

Basal (and basal-like) TNBC tends to respond to carboplatin...

pCR after neoadjuvant chemo w/ integrative practices; Proton rads. Dx 7/13/2018, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy 8/12/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 12/27/2018 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 2/11/2019 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

May 28, 2019 12:58PM bcnav wrote:

Hi. I’m a bit confused on the types and basal designation... what are the different types of TNBC?

All they said was that there were TILs in the biopsy so it was favorable for immunotherapy. Otherwise the genetic panel of it only showed TP53 mutation, which I understand is common?

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)