We are 226,651 members in 82 forums discussing 158,896 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Triple negative breast cancer

Forum: Triple-Negative Breast Cancer —

Share with others who have ER-/PR-/HER2- breast cancer.

Posted on: Aug 22, 2019 10:32PM

Sgg0340 wrote:

I’ve recently been diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer on August 9, 2019. I start chemo next week and I’m scared. I’m stage 3 and it’s in my lymph nodes too but good news is it hasn’t spread. I’m not scared to lose my hair but I do have questions about when receiving chemo through port, does it hurt? I know I sound like a big chicken and I guess I am but I’m curious. I got on the internet tonight and found this so it actually help me with knowing I’m not alone when I’ve seen all these people on here and a lot worse off than I am. I pray for all of you because my mind never has stopped since that day. My family has been tore apart emotionally and that’s hard. Any info from a more experienced person here

Page 3 of 3 (76 results)

Posts 61 - 76 (76 total)

Feb 6, 2020 05:54PM bonesios wrote:

Thank you for the encouraging words, but it's the cancer in the bone that has us so worried. Do you know anything about this wrinkle?

Feb 6, 2020 08:26PM santabarbarian wrote:

No I do not. There is a TNBC thread in the Stage 4 forum where you might find more info on that.

pCR after neoadjuvant chemo w/ integrative practices Dx 7/13/2018, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy 8/13/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 12/27/2018 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 2/11/2019 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Feb 6, 2020 09:02PM Sgg0340 wrote:

I agree with Santanar that to start aggressive right from the start and I know the devastated feeling. That will get better in time but try to be positive and point out every positive point you find. Attitude is so much during this journey that you all are about to start and know that your not alone and I will be praying for you and your family. Please keep us posted and keep those kids busy if possible.

Feb 6, 2020 10:03PM Moderators wrote:

We're so sorry to hear about your daughter-in-law, Bonesios. We know it can be a devastating diagnosis. Hopefully her PET scan is more conclusive, and once you have the results, she and her medical team can come up with an aggressive plan of attack. Please keep us posted on what you find out from the PET scan, we're here for you.

The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Feb 13, 2020 06:21AM motu53 wrote:

My wife 61 was diagnosed with TNBC ( Rt) in June 2019...after NACT + Mastectomy + RT ,she is now on oral Capecitabine 1500mg twice daily since last 03 days for two weeks on & one week off for 6 months since she had Residual Tumour upto 15% in Mastectomy...Sentinel LNs ( 04) were Negative & hence Axillary Clearance was not done..She also takes CBD Oil since the last 06 months which greatly reduced Chemo side effects & maintained her Appetite well.....Other than loss of weight, she is doing fairly well..Iam looking for High Dose Vitamin C IV & our Oncologists have no issues about it...only issue is there are hardly any Hospitals giving IV Vit C ..We are based in Bangalore, India.

Feb 13, 2020 08:42AM santabarbarian wrote:

If you can find a naturopathic physician they can often give vitamin IVs. There is a test they do first to make sure you can metabolize a high dose. I would bet your oncologists could order a high dose C IV to be made up and infused; maybe you can ask them?

pCR after neoadjuvant chemo w/ integrative practices Dx 7/13/2018, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy 8/13/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 12/27/2018 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 2/11/2019 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Feb 13, 2020 08:37PM motu53 wrote:

Thank You Santabarbarian...Yes..we have done all tests including G6PD as per Riordian Clinic Protocol...We are zeroing on Integrative Onco Clinics to give IV Vit C

Our Oncologists dont believe much in Integrative Therapy.... They only believe in hard core Chemo Drugs ..Ducking Custards ..Sorry

Feb 16, 2020 10:13PM bonesios wrote:

PET scan showed no bone involvement, so we are much relieved. It didn;t even show that spot on her breastbone that the MRI showed. They are still thinking of a biopsy there, but chemo should start week after next. once a week for 8 weeks to begin with. Very aggressive approach with 5 different chemo drugs. We are still scared, but a little more hopeful now that we are pretty sure it's not in the bones.

Feb 16, 2020 11:33PM santabarbarian wrote:

good news re bone scan!

Feb 17, 2020 06:58AM Loumw wrote:

Hi

I have recently been diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer on the 28th jan. I have had a ct scan that has come back clear, but no other scans. The dr is doing a lumpectomy on Thursday, but not had any other treatment before this. I pray the margins and lymph nodes come back clear and they manage to get it all out on Thursday. I know I have a tough road ahead with chemotherapy and radiotherapy, but just need some good news from this operation for me to cling on to. I am 39 years old with a 10yr old and a 14yr old.

Where abouts is your daughter from? I live in the uk. Hope she is ok and trying to stay positive.

Loumw

Xx

Feb 17, 2020 02:20PM Moderators wrote:

Dear Loumw,

Welcome to the BCO community. We are so glad that you reached out to our members for support and to share experiences. You can always send private messages to specific members whom you are hoping to connect with. Sometimes that is easier than reaching other individuals on the boards. Let us know how we can be a help to you as you navigate your way around. We are here to be of assistance.

The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Feb 17, 2020 10:45PM TexKat wrote:

Hello, Loumw! I’m glad you found this place. I was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer at the end of last July. I had 4 months of chemo, then a lumpectomy and lymph node dissection in December. All margins were clear, and all signs look very positive now! I am currently in the midst of radiotherapy.

I will not tell you this will be easy, but I am feeling great now and all my doctors are quite pleased.

Chemo kept me exhausted and weak. The schedule of tests and all the questions and unknowns at the beginning (right about where you are now) were confusing and frustrating and scary. The lumpectomy was actually not too bad. Removal of lymph nodes was worse, they removed 25 of them and recovery from that was a bit harder. I’ve completed three weeks of radiation, and it has not been bad.

If you find a thread for people starting chemo the same month you do, join it! Being able to follow along and commiserate and compare notes with others at my same stage of treatment, regardless of their diagnosis, was very helpful to me.

Here’s wishing you a successful journey. People here have been very supportive and helpful to me, and I know that they will offer you that same friendship!

Dx 7/31/2019, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 5/25 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy 8/23/2019 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 12/18/2019 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 1/20/2020 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Feb 18, 2020 09:09AM Loumw wrote:

Hi Texkat

Thankyou for your reply. I’m so scared. I’m only 39 years old and have 2 children age 9 and 14. Wish this was all just a dream

I’m waiting to have a lumpectomy on Thursday with lymph node removal then will have to wait a couple of week for those results.

I feel like all I do is wait around hoping things will be ok.

Regards

Loum

Feb 18, 2020 10:15AM santabarbarian wrote:

You will feel better with a plan to execute. Chemo is doable. No fun, but not nearly as awful as I had anticipated it. Read up on fasting mimicking diet prior to chemo-- which can definitely help with side effects. Keep up the exercise and walking which really helps SEs too. Jump on "Calling All TNs" which is a more active thread

Feb 19, 2020 06:44AM Sgg0340 wrote:

hey TexKat I start radiation in around two weeks. I’m still recovering from double mastectomy and total lymph node dissection on right arm. It’s not been as bad as I thought but I’m glad to see radiation hasn’t been so rough for u too. Hopefully it won’t be for me either. I hope all is well with you and will talk to you soon

Feb 19, 2020 08:45PM bonesios wrote:

My daughter-in-law lives in Northern Virginia. She will be starting chemo soon. After aggressive treatment, she will have mastectomy. hoping for success. I need to find out about "fasting mimicking diet" mentioned above. Thanks for all the info.

Page 3 of 3 (76 results)