Join Us

We are 224,301 members in 83 forums discussing 163,482 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Metaplastic

Forum: Triple-Negative Breast Cancer —

Share with others who have ER-/PR-/HER2- breast cancer.

Posted on: Aug 28, 2019 03:40PM

Summerspring wrote:

hi!

I have seen people write that their cancer has squamous features and is metaplastic. My pathology did mention squamous cell mixed with breast tissue. I’m triple negative. Does that mean metaplastic? I asked two of my drs If I had “metaplastic “ and they said no, that’s the nature of a tnbc. Can anyone shed any light on this? Thank you!!!!

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Dec 23, 2019 08:15PM Summerspring wrote:

bump.

Dec 24, 2019 02:12AM Rosiecat wrote:

Hi Summerspring,

I have metaplastic triple negative breast cancer, spindle cell and adenosquamous. I'm not a medic and can't really answer your question. However, since there's no treatment protocol for metaplastic breast cancer, it is almost always treated in the same way as triple negative. So you won't have missed out on anything if you've been treated as TN. You're obviously still worried and could consider taking your full pathology report to an experienced breast surgeon at a different centre.

I'm usually to be found on the 'calling all triple negatives in the UK' thread. Don't be put off by the 'UK' part, we're from all over the place, including Australia, USA, India....... It's a very friendly, supportive and informative thread.

Hope this helps.

Gill X

Dx 8/24/2018, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/7 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 9/18/2018 Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 10/22/2018 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Dec 26, 2019 03:41PM Summerspring wrote:

thank you for the reply Rosie! Wishing you all the best!!

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)