Topic: Sacituzumab Govitecan (Trodelvy)

Forum: Triple-Negative Breast Cancer — Share with others who have ER-/PR-/HER2- breast cancer.

Posted on: May 21, 2020 12:30PM

Posted on: May 21, 2020 12:30PM

Erich wrote:

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone(s) could share any experiences they have had using sacituzumab govitecan (Trodelvy) either in a clinical trial or as recently approved by the FDA.

We are trying to determine if it's the best plan of action for my wife at this time. There are 2 key things we are trying to determine.

1) How bad are the side effects (I've read everything from "terrible" to "manageable")?

2) Has it helped with your brain metastases or other CNS metastases? This is a tough question, I know. There is next to zero clinical data on it so far. Just trying to get any anecdotal evidence I can at this point.

Thank you all for any information on this! :)

Page 21 of 23 (221 results)

Jun 17, 2022 01:10PM gr4c1e wrote:

Abraxane failed. I'm starting Trodelvy next week. Has anyone here continued working full-time during treatment with Trodelvy? By the list of meds at my pharmacy right now, it seems like managing side effects is going to be my new full-time job.

12/30/2021 - Xgeva for bone mets Dx 9/2/2011, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 10/25/2011 Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Prophylactic mastectomy; Prophylactic mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left); Reconstruction (Right) Chemotherapy 11/23/2011 AC + T (Taxotere) Dx 1/4/2021, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, ER-/PR-, HER2- Targeted Therapy 6/24/2022 Trodelvy (sacituzumab govitecan-hziy) Chemotherapy Gemzar (gemcitabine) Chemotherapy Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel)

Jun 17, 2022 02:22PM denny10 wrote:

Hi gr4c1e, there are not many on this thread. I gave up work about 8 years ago when diagnosed with mbc so not much help. I am of retirement age now, but I dont think I could work have worked when I was younger because of disrupted sleep, caused by the steroids. It's hard to predict how well you will cope with the treatment, we are all unique in our response. Taking meds to stop side effects can be time consuming initially. I have found fatigue which hits me suddenly is the worst side effect, but it wears off on my week off . I hope you do well on Trodlevy.

12/2021 Stage IV TN Dx 2007, Left, Stage IIB, HER2- Dx 12/2013, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs/other, ER+ Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant), Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jun 17, 2022 03:11PM gr4c1e wrote:

Thank you, denny10. I'm really not looking forward to the steroids. Been there, done that - didn't sleep a wink!

12/30/2021 - Xgeva for bone mets Dx 9/2/2011, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 10/25/2011 Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Prophylactic mastectomy; Prophylactic mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left); Reconstruction (Right) Chemotherapy 11/23/2011 AC + T (Taxotere) Dx 1/4/2021, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, ER-/PR-, HER2- Targeted Therapy 6/24/2022 Trodelvy (sacituzumab govitecan-hziy) Chemotherapy Gemzar (gemcitabine) Chemotherapy Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel)

Jun 24, 2022 08:57AM - edited Jun 24, 2022 08:59AM by nayda985

Hi gr4cle,

I have worked since I was diagnosed at 34 years old. And I have done a lot of different chemo's. I am a pharmacy technician. Like denny10 said, fatique is the worst. I am able to work because I have the intermitten fmla, when i am having bad days and cannot come in I just use my fmla and not worry about losing my job. I have my set schedule for chemo to be on Fridays, Fluids on Saturdays because I don't like to drink as a result of chemo. So, I work Monday thru Thursday, and use the weekend to recuperate. I am not a person that can sit home, that will put me in depression.

Trodelvy by God's grace has been working for me. I have been on it since August of 2021. My last 3 scans have been great! I am on a summer break now as a result. I told my onc. i will be back in August to resume.

I hope you have great results also!

Mother to 3, wife, sister, daughter, Loved Dx 7/26/2016, IDC, Left, Stage IIIA, ER+ Chemotherapy 8/26/2016 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 2/24/2017 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right); Prophylactic mastectomy; Prophylactic mastectomy (Right) Radiation Therapy 4/17/2017 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 6/9/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole), Zoladex (goserelin) Dx 3/13/2019, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver/lungs, ER-/PR-, HER2- Immunotherapy 4/11/2019 Tecentriq (atezolizumab) Chemotherapy 4/11/2019 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Dx 12/31/2019, Stage IV Chemotherapy 2/2/2020 Xeloda (capecitabine) Chemotherapy 6/20/2020 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Gemzar (gemcitabine)

Jun 25, 2022 06:56AM gr4c1e wrote:

Thanks, nayda985! Had my first infusion yesterday. It was explained to me that it was going to be a long appointment because the infusion would be done slower than the usual, about 3 hrs and they would keep me for a half hour observation afterward. Lots and lots of premeds took another hour. Zofran, Benadryl, Tylenol, and Atropine to start, so I mostly slept through the first hour of the infusion. They sent me home with one Zyprexa to take before bed.

So, I just woke up and feel a little tired, but okay. It's still early so I'm waiting for the nausea, diarrhea, and cramping I was warned about, but so far I'm just thirsty as heck and drinking lots of water. They prescribed a bunch of stuff that should help if things change over the next three days, but I'm trying to stay positive and hope I won't need them. At the same time, I'm glad I have them just in case. The way the side effects read, nausea, fatigue and diarrhea are right at the top, so I just might be enjoying the calm before the storm right now!

Thanks for sharing your work experience. I, too, like to stay busy. I went on FMLA for two months in 2011 and was absolutely stir crazy by month two! I like working and I'm not mentally ready to let it go, so it's reassuring to hear your experiences.

Congratulations on your great scans!

Jun 25, 2022 05:30PM denny10 wrote:

Nadya985 so pleased to hear you are doing well on Trodelvy, long may it keep working. Enjoy your summer break.

Gr4c1e I have lots of pre meds , but the infusion now takes an hour not like the initial 3 , the whole process takes about 4 hours. I am sent home with lots of meds to take to deal with side effects. I only occasionally have had to take anti nausea pills. I get the big D 4 days after the infusion , [TMI- usually only once but explosive, ] so no need for anti diarrheals. I have never had cramps. I only sleep for about 4 hours on the 4 [now 3] days I have steroids . The side effects are becoming quite predictable so bearable! I hope you do not get too many side effects and you can continue to enjoy working.

12/2021 Stage IV TN Dx 2007, Left, Stage IIB, HER2- Dx 12/2013, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs/other, ER+ Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant), Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jun 26, 2022 02:22PM gr4c1e wrote:

Thanks, denny10! I decided to take the post-infusion meds for nausea and the big D as prescribed, just in case, but also because I have the weekend to try them out and see how I feel before work on Monday. I also scheduled next Friday off for infusion #2, so I have a short work week, followed by a long weekend. I also am happy to report that I'm not really experiencing any side effects, from Trodelvy or the steroids. They sent me home with a dose of Zyprexa to take before bed and I slept for 9 hours straight through. Last night 4.5 hours, but still feeling okay.

The nurse explained that the infusion is always slow, and longer the first time, but will get much shorter by the second round. So, next Friday will be premeds like before, but the Trodelvy infusion will speed up to 1.5 hrs, instead of three. While she said it's rare, they're watching for allergic reactions, so slow infusion is best in the beginning.

Then I get a week off. Yay!

Jun 30, 2022 11:02AM gr4c1e wrote:

So, not all good feels the past two days. Hard to say if it was symptoms of dehydration? Steroids? Trodelvy? The side effects are the same for all three; fatigue, muscle weakness, dizziness. Hard to tell - who's the culprit? - I have no idea, but I'm feeling better today after downing a whole quart of hot & sour soup from the restaurant next door to my office yesterday. (dehydration for the win?) My second infusion is tomorrow and my order for hot & sour soup is locked down for next Tuesday! Strictly for medicinal purposes, of course.

Jul 1, 2022 04:56AM denny10 wrote:

hi gr4c1e, sorry to hear you have not feeling your best. It is important to keep hydrated, the soup sounds like a win win whatever the cause.

I have a new cautionary tale . I came out in a rash around my neck, which I now think was an an allergic reaction to sunlight. It wasn't sunny, just bright and I nipped out to pick some flowers. I am usually pretty good at wearing a hat and factor 50 suncream but no so on this particular day , but the rash followed the exposed area of skin around my neck, argh ,still a bit sensitive, but clearing up now.

I have an onologist appointment on monday, to plan scans etc. let the scanxiety begin.

keep well and relax this weekend.x

Jul 1, 2022 06:31AM - edited Jul 2, 2022 09:53AM by moderators

)Sziasztok én tegnap kaptam meg az elsö Trodelvy kezelésem fél évet vártam hogy megkaphassam csontomon és májamon van nekem is utolsó reményem.Ölelés nektek Budapestről.

Edited by Mods to add translation:

"Hello, I received my first Trodelvy treatment yesterday. I waited half a year to receive it on my bones and liver. I have my last hope. Hugs to you from Budapest."

Page 21 of 23 (221 results)

Scroll to top button