Join Us

We are 218,061 members in 84 forums discussing 160,867 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Response to AC and Taxel

Forum: Triple-Negative Breast Cancer —

Share with others who have ER-/PR-/HER2- breast cancer.

Posted on: Aug 24, 2020 04:59PM

Anatje1972 wrote:

Hello all,

I have just finished my 4th AC. Today I had an MRI and the lump shrunk from 1.9 cm to 0.8 mm. I am pretty disappointed as I hoped for completely gone.

Do you also have something similar and di Taxel helped to kill the rest of the lump?

Thank you

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Posts 1 - 5 (5 total)

Aug 24, 2020 05:38PM MinusTwo wrote:

Anatje - I had TCHP first and did not have a complete response. So after surgery I had AC just to make sure there were no rogue cells. Surgery removed everything and had clean margins, but the MO still thought more the different chemo would be good.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Sep 19, 2020 02:13PM Kristen0630 wrote:

Anatje,

I just finished chemo two weeks ago. Four rounds of AC followed by four rounds of Taxol for triple negative. My scan after the second round of Taxol showed that the tumor was completely gone. So mine was responsive to the combination. Don’t give up hope. I have surgery in two weeks and praying for clear margins. Keep strong—you’re tougher than you know

Sep 19, 2020 08:12PM Moderators wrote:

Kristen0630, welcome and thank you for sharing your experience!

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Sep 26, 2020 05:04PM JoeyT wrote:

Hi Anatje!

I began chemo for Triple-negative in March. First 4 rounds of AC (every other week) then Taxol for 4 rounds every other week. While I didn't have scans, the tumors (had 2 in 1 breast) were shrinking to the touch throughout my treatment time. My team's thinking was that chemo would leave the tumors nothing but husks with no cancer cells so shrinking was good even if they could still be felt.. I had a mastectomy following chemo (also had DCIS) and all cells were gone throughout all the tissue with no lymph nodes involved. PCR: pathologic complete response. Hang in there!

Sep 27, 2020 07:07AM Moderators wrote:

JoeyT, welcome to you too, and we really appreciate you sharing your experience!

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)