Join Us

We are 223,937 members in 83 forums discussing 163,292 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Keytruda + Chemotherapy

Forum: Triple-Negative Breast Cancer —

Share with others who have ER-/PR-/HER2- breast cancer.

Posted on: Jun 5, 2021 01:18AM

dreaberk wrote:

Hi, I am new to this forum and would love to hear from anyone in a similar situation. My first breast cancer diagnosis was in 2013: Stage 2 IDC, GRADE 2 ER, PR + (95%) Her2 -, had DMX and ACT chemo. Fast forward to March this year, I found a marble size lump under right breast. New cancer, triple negative ki67 90%. I started Carboplatin and Gemzar and qualified for Keytruda as my tumor expresses PD-L1. Has anyone else been on Keytruda with chemo for early stage TNBC? And how long did your Dr. say it takes for Keytruda to start working? Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Jun 5, 2021 03:33AM Moderators wrote:

HI dreaberk, and welcome to Breastcancer.org,

We're so very sorry for the reasons that bring you here, but we're really glad you've found us and decided to join and post. You're sure to find our Community an amazing source of advice, information, encouragement, and support -- we're all here for you!

You may get some responses here soon, but we wanted to also suggest you use our search function (in the navigation bar on the left of your screen) with keyword Keytruda to find others who might be discussing this treatment.

In addition, you may find the following articles from our main Breastcancer.org site helpful:

We hope this is helpful and we look forward to seeing you around the Community! Let us know if you need anything at all.

--The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Jun 28, 2021 10:01PM S3K5 wrote:

I started Keytruda with Carbo + Gemzar but this is in metastatic setting (liver and bone mets). I didn't find any forum for this 3-drug combo, so I guess we could exchange our experiences on this forum.

dreaberk how are you doing on this regimen? Do you get immunotherapy once in 3 weeks? Hope the side effects are tolerable.

S3K5 Dx 3/24/2008, IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 5/10 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy 4/14/2008 AC + T (Taxol) Targeted Therapy 5/29/2013 Ibrance (palbociclib) Chemotherapy 1/31/2019 Xeloda (capecitabine) Chemotherapy 4/4/2019 Taxol (paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 10/29/2019 CMF Targeted Therapy 7/6/2020 Piqray (alpelisib) Dx 10/19/2020, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, ER-/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Chemotherapy 12/9/2020 Doxil (doxorubicin) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Chemotherapy Gemzar (gemcitabine)

Jul 2, 2021 12:07PM - edited Jul 2, 2021 12:11PM by BrinkOfEternity

I had neoadjuvant Keytruda + Abraxane and in about 1-2 months my 3cm hard tumor shrank to the point I couldn't feel it anymore. When I had my UMX after 3 months of chemo they found 0.6cm of IDC left, I believe. Hope this helps…

Weakly ER+ so practically TNBC, neoadjuvant chemo (Abraxane) with immunotherapy (Keytruda), then surgery, then more chemo (AC) Dx 7/26/2018, DCIS/IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy 9/3/2018 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Surgery 12/27/2018 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 2/3/2019 AC Surgery 4/26/2019 Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)