Join Us

We are 224,366 members in 83 forums discussing 163,513 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: What is going on here

Forum: Triple-Negative Breast Cancer —

Share with others who have ER-/PR-/HER2- breast cancer.

Posted on: Aug 24, 2021 08:58PM

llupp wrote:

I had triple negative breath cancer stage 1 grade 3 did chemo,had a double mastectomy no reconstruction. Now 3 1/2 years later my life is just doctor appointments for neuropathy can hardly walk, diverticulitis 3 times this year, and liver issue testing is pending on cirrhosis or fatty liver ( I don't drink and never did), brain scan saids I has had 3 mini strokes, last year had a heart ablation for it going too fast. I am 62 and feel like 80. Is this all related????

Dx IDC, Left, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Aug 24, 2021 09:07PM wrenn wrote:

Sadly some of it is likely related. I have triple neg and only had one dose of chemo and was cut off because of diverticulitis and fear of perforated bowel. I have to use a walker and can't stand more than a few minutes with bad neuropathy. I am so relieved that I didn't have more chemo.

It has been 8 years for me and I was told by surgeon who I was seeing about knee replacements for osteoarthritis (had that before BC) that knee replacements would not help with the neuropathy but just with knee pain.

I spent a lot of energy looking for solutions until this doc told me to adapt. I now just live with the walker and feel lucky compared to young people dealing with worse and having to look after young kids. I am 74 and have no pressure.

I hope you can find solutions or adapt. Life post cancer Dx is shite.

Metaplastic IDC Triple negative...Tumour is 1.5cm. BMX Aug. 16th. Chemo cancelled after one dose due to complications. Dx 7/25/2013, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 8/16/2013 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)