Join Us

We are 225,830 members in 83 forums discussing 164,225 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Anyone know about the red devil?

Forum: Triple-Negative Breast Cancer —

Share with others who have ER-/PR-/HER2- breast cancer.

Posted on: Oct 5, 2021 03:54PM

Tana36 wrote:

I’m about to start chemo for triple negative breast cancer and that’s one of the drug

Page 2 of 2 (31 results)

Posts 31 (31 total)

Dec 1, 2021 02:29PM DutchieGirl wrote:

We ended up calling Adriamycin the Red Warrior. I had to visualize that this drug was helping me, not killing me. The side effects were extremely challenging (think the grastofil had bad side effects as well) but I didn’t have any trips to the ER or any blood transfusions. No vomiting or nausea but eating was pretty much impossible. I was down to 113 lbs by the time I was done chemo. At 5’10” tall, I can you that that was too thin! (I am now at 145). My heart is fine though I do get tachycardia every once in a while. I know that we don’t necessarily get off scot-free from long term and lasting effects but, besides a very bad case of chemo brain, I’m doing well! It was a short period of time in the big scheme of things and, if the red warrior gobbled up those cancer cells, I can’t ask for much more

Lori-Anne Dx 11/7/2018, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIIA, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 1/14/2019 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy 3/4/2019 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 7/29/2019 Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Page 2 of 2 (31 results)