Topic: Breaking Research News from Breastcancer.org

Forum: Clinical Trials, Research News, Podcasts, and Study Results — Share your research articles, interpretations and experiences here. Let us know how these studies affect you and your decisions.

Posted on: Apr 16, 2012 11:33AM - edited Jan 16, 2016 01:28PM by moderators

Posted on: Apr 16, 2012 11:33AM - edited Jan 16, 2016 01:28PM by moderators

moderators wrote:

Breastcancer.org strives to bring you updates on the latest breast cancer research through its Research News program. Medical experts at Breastcancer.org provide easy-to-understand summaries of what the research means for YOU.

Check out this thread on a regular basis to see all the breaking news about current breast cancer research from our experts.

Get Personalized Research News Stories JUST for You!
Don't forget to fill out your profile: In the top right hand corner of the screen, under My Profile, you'll find My Diagnoses and My Treatments. Once you've provided enough information, we'll send recommended articles. Members can save these articles for later, or archive them when they're finished with them.

If you would like to receive Personalized Research News articles, based on diagnosis and treatment information, you'll need to go into "My Profile" and under the "Recommended Articles", click "turn on".

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Page 33 of 123 (1,228 results)

Jun 4, 2014 08:05AM moderators wrote:

Unemployment Common After Breast Cancer Treatment
May 30, 2014

A study found that nearly 33% of women diagnosed with early-stage breast cancer who were working when they began treatment were unemployed 4 years later. Read more...

Jun 4, 2014 08:07AM moderators wrote:

Updated ASCO Guidelines Recommend Adjuvant Hormonal Therapy for 10 Years Instead of 5
May 30, 2014

The American Society of Clinical Oncology has developed new guidelines recommending that all women diagnosed with hormone-receptor-positive breast cancer be offered the option of taking hormonal therapy for 10 years. Read more...

Jun 4, 2014 08:08AM moderators wrote:

ASCO Publishes Special Series of Articles on Pain in People With Cancer
May 30, 2014

To provide practical approaches to managing cancer pain, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) developed a special series of 14 articles on pain in people with cancer, including breast cancer. Read more...

Jun 7, 2014 12:33PM moderators wrote:

Women Who Receive Chest Radiation Therapy to Treat Childhood Cancer Have Higher Risk of Breast Cancer
June 5, 2014

Research suggests that women who had radiation to the chest to treat childhood cancer, such as Hodgkin lymphoma, have a risk of breast cancer that’s 20 times higher than average -- even higher than doctors have thought. Read more...

Jun 7, 2014 12:35PM - edited Jun 10, 2014 09:45AM by moderators

Aromasin Plus Ovarian Suppression Reduces Recurrence Risk Better Than Tamoxifen Plus Ovarian Suppression in Younger Women
June 6, 2014

The combined results of two studies suggest that the aromatase inhibitor Aromasin on top of ovarian suppression reduces recurrence risk more than tamoxifen in premenopausal women. Read more...

Jun 12, 2014 10:35AM - edited Jun 12, 2014 10:36AM by moderators

Childhood Cancer Survivors Have Higher Risk of Breast Cancer, Even Without Chest Radiation
June 10, 2014

A study suggests that women who had childhood cancer have a much higher-than-average risk of breast cancer even if they never had radiation to the chest. Read more...

Jun 12, 2014 10:37AM moderators wrote:

Vitamin D Doesn’t Seem to Be Linked to Recurrence Risk or Survival Rates, but There Are Questions About Study
June 11, 2014

A large study suggests that there is no link between vitamin D and overall survival or disease-free survival in women diagnosed with breast cancer with a high risk of recurrence. Still, there are questions about the study. Read more...

Jun 24, 2014 07:13AM moderators wrote:

Zoladex May Help Preserve Fertility in Women Diagnosed With Early-Stage, Hormone-Receptor-Negative Disease Treated With Chemotherapy
June 21, 2014

A study suggests that women diagnosed with hormone-receptor-negative, early-stage breast cancer who were treated with Zoladex in addition to chemotherapy before surgery were much less likely to be infertile after chemotherapy ended. Read more...

Jun 29, 2014 11:43AM moderators wrote:

MRI Finds Breast Cancer Early in Survivors of Childhood Hodgkin Lymphoma
June 24, 2014

A study has found that MRI can detect breast cancer in survivors of childhood Hodgkin lymphoma early, when it’s most treatable. Read more...

Jun 29, 2014 11:46AM moderators wrote:

Many Women Who Have Double Mastectomy Have Low Risk of Developing Cancer in Other Breast
June 24, 2014

A study suggests that most women who have contralateral prophylactic mastectomy have a very low risk of cancer developing in the other healthy breast. Read more...

Page 33 of 123 (1,228 results)

Scroll to top button