Topic: Breaking Research News from Breastcancer.org

Forum: Clinical Trials, Research News, Podcasts, and Study Results — Share your research articles, interpretations and experiences here. Let us know how these studies affect you and your decisions.

Posted on: Apr 16, 2012 09:33AM - edited Jun 22, 2022 10:34AM by moderators

Posted on: Apr 16, 2012 09:33AM - edited Jun 22, 2022 10:34AM by moderators

moderators wrote:

Breastcancer.org strives to bring you updates on the latest breast cancer research through its Research News program. Medical experts at Breastcancer.org provide easy-to-understand summaries of what the research means for YOU.

Favorite this thread to get notifications on all the breaking news about current breast cancer research from our experts.

Get Personalized Research News Stories JUST for You!
Don't forget to fill out your profile: In the top right hand corner of the screen, click your Avatar to be taken to your Profile page. From there, you'll find My Diagnoses and My Treatments tabs in the left-side navigation menu. Follow the prompts to add your medical info, and once you've provided enough information, we'll send recommended articles. Members can save these articles for later, or archive them when they're finished with them.

If you would like to receive Personalized Research News articles, based on diagnosis and treatment information, you'll need to go into "My Profile" by clicking the Avatar at the top right of your screen, and click "Turn on Recommended Articles".

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Page 36 of 128 (1,278 results)

Aug 5, 2014 10:38AM moderators wrote:

Is There a Link Between Birth Control Pills and Higher Breast Cancer Risk?
August 4, 2014

A study found that using high-dose estrogen birth control pills in the previous year was linked to a higher risk of breast cancer in younger women, but using birth control pills with a low dose of estrogen (the type of birth control pills that many women take) WERE NOT linked to a higher risk of breast cancer. Read more...

Aug 7, 2014 08:47AM moderators wrote:

Study Outlines Priorities to Prevent Breast Cancer
August 5, 2014

A study looked at ways to reduce breast cancer risk that apply to all women and explains how much certain prevention strategies can reduce risk. Read more...

Aug 7, 2014 08:48AM moderators wrote:

Women Older Than 75 Get Benefits From Mammograms
August 7, 2014

A study has found that mammography finds breast cancer at earlier stages in older women. Read more...

Aug 12, 2014 05:53AM moderators wrote:

Abnormal PALB2 Gene Increases Breast Cancer Risk More Than Previously Thought
August 8, 2014

A study has found that another gene may be just as important in breast cancer risk as BRCA1 and BRCA2: an abnormal PALB2 gene was found to increase breast cancer risk five to nine times higher than average. Read more...

Aug 15, 2014 05:45AM moderators wrote:

Two Studies Show Bisphosphonates Don’t Reduce Breast Cancer Risk
August 14, 2014

Two randomized studies found that 3 to 4 years of treatment with either Fosamax or zoledronic acid doesn’t seem to reduce breast cancer risk in postmenopausal women. Read more...

Aug 15, 2014 05:46AM moderators wrote:

Exercise Reduces Risk, but Benefits Disappear if Women Stop Exercising
August 14, 2014

Postmenopausal women who exercised regularly in the last 4 years had a lower risk of breast cancer than women who exercised less during that time; women who had exercised regularly between 5 and 9 years earlier but were less active in the past 4 years didn’t have a lower risk of breast cancer. Read more...

Aug 19, 2014 10:48AM moderators wrote:

Aspirin, Ibuprofen May Reduce Recurrence Risk for Hormone-Receptor-Positive Disease|
August 19, 2014

Two studies on NSAIDs and breast cancer suggest that these medicines may help reduce the risk of recurrence of hormone-receptor-positive breast cancer in overweight and obese women and may also reduce the risk of breast cancer spreading to the lymph nodes. Read more...

Aug 27, 2014 08:28AM moderators wrote:

Study Suggests Fewer Minority Women Have Reconstruction After Mastectomy Than White Women
August 23, 2014

A small study suggests that most U.S. women don’t have reconstruction after mastectomy and that minority women are less likely than white women to have reconstruction. Read more...

Aug 27, 2014 10:02AM - edited Aug 27, 2014 10:03AM by SailingWind

these are good articles posting so it will go to the top. Moderators you should do this once in a while

Dx 6/2014, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/23/2014 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 7/31/2014 3DCRT: Breast Radiation Therapy 7/31/2014 Breast Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Sep 4, 2014 01:53PM moderators wrote:

More Women Having Double Mastectomy, but Survival Rates Are Same as Lumpectomy Plus Radiation
September 4, 2014

Women diagnosed with early-stage breast cancer in one breast who are treated with lumpectomy followed by radiation therapy have the same survival rates as women who are treated with double mastectomy. Read more...

Page 36 of 128 (1,278 results)

Scroll to top button