Topic: Breaking Research News from Breastcancer.org

Forum: Clinical Trials, Research News, Podcasts, and Study Results — Share your research articles, interpretations and experiences here. Let us know how these studies affect you and your decisions.

Posted on: Apr 16, 2012 09:33AM - edited Jun 22, 2022 10:34AM by moderators

Posted on: Apr 16, 2012 09:33AM - edited Jun 22, 2022 10:34AM by moderators

moderators wrote:

Breastcancer.org strives to bring you updates on the latest breast cancer research through its Research News program. Medical experts at Breastcancer.org provide easy-to-understand summaries of what the research means for YOU.

Favorite this thread to get notifications on all the breaking news about current breast cancer research from our experts.

Get Personalized Research News Stories JUST for You!
Don't forget to fill out your profile: In the top right hand corner of the screen, click your Avatar to be taken to your Profile page. From there, you'll find My Diagnoses and My Treatments tabs in the left-side navigation menu. Follow the prompts to add your medical info, and once you've provided enough information, we'll send recommended articles. Members can save these articles for later, or archive them when they're finished with them.

If you would like to receive Personalized Research News articles, based on diagnosis and treatment information, you'll need to go into "My Profile" by clicking the Avatar at the top right of your screen, and click "Turn on Recommended Articles".

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Page 38 of 125 (1,242 results)

Sep 30, 2014 02:42PM moderators wrote:

Perjeta Boosts Overall Survival in HER2-Positive Metastatic Breast Cancer
September 30, 2014

Final results from the CLEOPATRA study showed that women diagnosed with HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer who got Perjeta, Herceptin, and Taxotere lived about 1.5 years longer than women who got only Herceptin and Taxotere. Read more...

Oct 5, 2014 07:23AM moderators wrote:

More Evidence That Breastfeeding Reduces Hormone-Receptor-Negative Breast Cancer Risk in Black Women
October 2, 2014

Results from a large study underscore earlier research strongly suggesting that black women who breastfeed have a lower risk of hormone-receptor-negative and triple-negative breast cancer. Read more...

Oct 5, 2014 07:24AM moderators wrote:

International Panel Issues Guidelines for Managing Advanced-Stage Breast Cancer
October 2, 2014

The European School of Oncology and the European Society of Medical Oncology have put out new guidelines on treating advanced-stage breast cancer. Read more...

Oct 14, 2014 05:37AM moderators wrote:

Metastatic Breast Cancer Alliance Releases Landscape Analysis of Metastatic Disease
October 13, 2014

The Metastatic Breast Cancer Alliance has released a new report on the state of metastatic breast cancer. Read more...

Oct 17, 2014 07:46AM moderators wrote:

Cancer Found in More Than 2% of High-Risk Women Who Have Ovaries Removed Preventively
October 14, 2014

More than 2% of women at high-risk for ovarian cancer because of genetics or family history who had their ovaries and fallopian tubes removed preventively had cancer that was found during ovary removal surgery. Read more...

Oct 17, 2014 07:47AM moderators wrote:

Cancer’s Response to Chemotherapy Before Surgery May Help Predict Risk of Recurrence
October 15, 2014

Researchers find that certain factors, including cancer characteristics, can help predict the risk of cancer coming back in the breast area after neoadjuvant chemotherapy. Read more...

Oct 29, 2014 06:13AM moderators wrote:

Study Shows Herceptin Offers Long-Lasting Benefits for Early-Stage, HER2-Positive Disease
October 28, 2014

Results from an analysis of two large, long-term studies show that adding Herceptin to chemotherapy to treat women diagnosed with early-stage HER2-positive breast cancer improves overall survival and disease-free survival compared to chemotherapy alone. Read more...

Oct 29, 2014 02:10PM moderators wrote:

Genomic Test Helps Estimate Risk of Recurrence More Than 5 Years After Diagnosis for Some Breast Cancers
October 29, 2014

The Prosigna genomic test can help predict the risk of distant recurrence for early-stage hormone-receptor-positive breast cancer after 5 years of hormonal therapy treatment in postmenopausal women. Read more...

Nov 8, 2014 07:13AM moderators wrote:

Genetic Variant Lowers Breast Cancer Risk for Some Latina Women
October 31, 2014

Research suggests that a genetic variant in some Latina women may reduce breast cancer risk by 40% to 80%. Read more...

Nov 8, 2014 07:17AM moderators wrote:

Strength After Breast Cancer Exercise Program Successful in Real-Life Setting
November 6, 2014

A study has found that the Strength After Breast Cancer program, an education and gradual exercise program, can be successfully implemented in a larger, real-world setting. The study also found certain factors that could make the program less successful and offered solutions. Read more...

Page 38 of 125 (1,242 results)

Scroll to top button