Topic: Breaking Research News from Breastcancer.org

Forum: Clinical Trials, Research News, Podcasts, and Study Results — Share your research articles, interpretations and experiences here. Let us know how these studies affect you and your decisions.

Posted on: Apr 16, 2012 11:33AM - edited Jan 16, 2016 01:28PM by moderators

Posted on: Apr 16, 2012 11:33AM - edited Jan 16, 2016 01:28PM by moderators

moderators wrote:

Breastcancer.org strives to bring you updates on the latest breast cancer research through its Research News program. Medical experts at Breastcancer.org provide easy-to-understand summaries of what the research means for YOU.

Check out this thread on a regular basis to see all the breaking news about current breast cancer research from our experts.

Get Personalized Research News Stories JUST for You!
Don't forget to fill out your profile: In the top right hand corner of the screen, under My Profile, you'll find My Diagnoses and My Treatments. Once you've provided enough information, we'll send recommended articles. Members can save these articles for later, or archive them when they're finished with them.

If you would like to receive Personalized Research News articles, based on diagnosis and treatment information, you'll need to go into "My Profile" and under the "Recommended Articles", click "turn on".

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Page 41 of 123 (1,228 results)

Jan 26, 2015 10:00AM moderators wrote:

Use of Shorter Radiation Regimen Triples, but Still Underused Experts Say
January 24, 2015

More U.S. women diagnosed with early-stage breast cancer were treated after lumpectomy with a whole-breast radiation schedule that was shorter than the conventional regimen, but this shorter schedule still wasn't prescribed as often as it could be. Read more...

Jan 26, 2015 04:26PM - edited Feb 2, 2015 07:52PM by Kathy044

This Post was deleted by Kathy044.
Dx 2009, ILC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/28/2009 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary Chemotherapy 12/15/2009 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 5/1/2010 Whole breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 6/3/2010 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Feb 9, 2015 08:56AM moderators wrote:

High Levels of Immune Cells in HER2-Positive Cancers May Mean Tumors Need Only Chemotherapy
January 30, 2015

A study suggests that HER2-positive breast cancer tumors with high levels of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes had a lower risk of the cancer coming back when treated with chemotherapy alone compared to HER-positive tumors with low levels of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes treated with only chemotherapy. Read more...

Feb 9, 2015 08:59AM moderators wrote:

Risk of Leukemia After Chemotherapy or Radiation Therapy for Early-Stage Breast Cancer Higher Than Thought
February 3, 2015

While the risk of developing leukemia after radiation therapy or chemotherapy to treat early-stage breast cancer is VERY small, a large study suggests that this risk is twice as high as has been reported. Read more...

Feb 9, 2015 09:10AM moderators wrote:

Palbociclib (Also Called Ibrance) Approved by FDA
February 4, 2015

The FDA has granted accelerated approval for using the targeted therapy Ibrance in combination with Femara to treat advanced-stage, estrogen-receptor-positive, HER2-negative breast cancer that hadn't been treated with hormonal therapy before in postmenopausal women. Read more...

Feb 10, 2015 05:06AM - edited Feb 11, 2015 10:48AM by moderators

Breast Cancer Stage at Diagnosis, Survival Rates Varies by Race, Ethnicity
February 8, 2015
A study suggests that the differences in stage at diagnosis and survival rates among racial/ethnic groups are because of the biological characteristics of the cancers. Read more...

Feb 11, 2015 10:50AM moderators wrote:

Halaven No Better Than Xeloda for Previously Treated Metastatic Disease
February 9, 2015

A study has found that Halaven offers the same benefits as Xeloda for women diagnosed with metastatic disease that already has been treated with an anthracycline and a taxane. Read more...

Feb 16, 2015 11:58AM moderators wrote:

Ultrasound After Chemotherapy Before Surgery Can Help Doctors Decide How Many Lymph Nodes to Remove
February 12, 2015

A study suggests that using ultrasound to see if the axillary lymph nodes have cancer in them can help doctors decide which women diagnosed with node-positive breast cancer treated with chemotherapy before surgery are good candidates for sentinel lymph node surgery. Read more...

Feb 16, 2015 12:00PM moderators wrote:

Many Women Diagnosed With Breast Cancer Know Little About Their Condition
February 12, 2015
A study has found that a large number of women diagnosed with breast cancer know little about the basic characteristics of the cancer, including its stage, its estrogen-receptor status, its grade, and its HER2 status. Read more...

Feb 20, 2015 09:23AM moderators wrote:

New Model Offers Better Breast Cancer Risk Estimate for Black Women
February 16, 2015

Researchers have developed a new breast cancer risk prediction model for black women that is more accurate than the traditional Gail model. Read more...

Page 41 of 123 (1,228 results)

Scroll to top button