Topic: Breaking Research News from sources other than Breastcancer.org

Forum: Clinical Trials, Research News, Podcasts, and Study Results — Share your research articles, interpretations and experiences here. Let us know how these studies affect you and your decisions.

Posted on: Nov 21, 2017 12:31AM - edited Nov 21, 2017 12:35AM by lumpie

Posted on: Nov 21, 2017 12:31AM - edited Nov 21, 2017 12:35AM by lumpie

lumpie wrote:

I watch for research news on breast cancer, treatments, etc., and frequently see interesting articles. There is a topic on BCO called "Breaking Research News from Breastcancer.org." One of the moderators suggested that another topic might be appropriate for posting links and synopses of reports on research found elsewhere. So here it is! Please post links to reports on research form reliable sources. Thanks for sharing!

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." "If adventures will not befall a young lady in her own village, she must seek them abroad." "Buy the ticket, take the ride." Dx 2015, DCIS/IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 1/14/2016 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy 1/14/2016 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Dx 2017, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Right) Surgery Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Right) Radiation Therapy Whole breast: Breast

Page 284 of 312 (3,111 results)

Oct 14, 2021 10:00AM gokale4320 wrote:

Tinkerbell - thank you for posting that article. It was quite honest, but also hopeful. No mention of the ErSO med, though.

Dx: January 2017, IDC, Stage IIa, 1/23 nodes, <1cm Chemo 2/16/17 Cytoxan Taxotere x4 Radiation 6/8/2017, natural alternative to tamoxifen 3/2021 Stage 4 - mets to bones. Ibrance and Letrozole and Xgeva Dx 1/2017, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/23 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 14, 2021 10:13PM moth wrote:

interstitial lung disease is a problem with ADCs used for her2+ tx

Pls share with her2+ peeps so they're aware & vigilant to report symptoms such as shortness of breath.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaoncology/arti...

Twitter thread by lead author https://twitter.com/PTarantinoMD/status/1448679136...

I take weekends off

Initial dx at 50. Seriously?? “Sometimes the future changes quickly and completely and we’re left with only the choice of what to do next." blog: Never Tell Me the Odds

Dx 12/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 12/12/2017 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal Chemotherapy 2/14/2018 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 8/13/2018 Whole breast: Breast Dx 2/2020, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 3/18/2020 Taxol (paclitaxel) Immunotherapy 3/19/2020 Tecentriq (atezolizumab) Chemotherapy 11/26/2020 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/9/2020 External Hormonal Therapy 12/16/2020 Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy 3/3/2021 External Local Metastases 3/3/2021 Radiation therapy: Bone Targeted Therapy 1/1/2022 Trodelvy (sacituzumab govitecan-hziy) Chemotherapy 6/1/2022 Other

Oct 15, 2021 08:59AM - edited Oct 15, 2021 08:59AM by tinkerbell107

LillyisHere: I hope Lumpie is taking a break from these boards. I looked forward to her sharing the latest research information. Until she returns I hope anyone sees anything research worthy please post. Thanks

Dx 8/23/2019, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, 5/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 16, 2021 09:04PM elenas401 wrote:

I've been reading more about Erso too. Sounds very hopeful except for how slowly things move to trial. I hope we can all keep the conversation going on this and possibly bombard the researchers with questions about it to hopefully get things moving. It really sounds like this could be different than these meds that just string us along for a few more months. Wouldnt it be great if these drugs that just extend life by a few more months than the last one could be put out of business by something that finally looks like more of a cure for this type of breast cancer.

Dx 1/2017, Right, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Chemotherapy Chemotherapy Taxol (paclitaxel)

Oct 18, 2021 01:32PM gokale4320 wrote:

Elenas401 - Yes, I completely agree about ErSO. I am going to ask my husband to hunt down several people and their email addresses to try to get some answers about clinical trials. He's retired and I am not so he has more time to hunt for information; though I am positive, I am more motivated! haha!

Dx: January 2017, IDC, Stage IIa, 1/23 nodes, <1cm Chemo 2/16/17 Cytoxan Taxotere x4 Radiation 6/8/2017, natural alternative to tamoxifen 3/2021 Stage 4 - mets to bones. Ibrance and Letrozole and Xgeva Dx 1/2017, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/23 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 20, 2021 09:16PM alabamadee wrote:

cross posting from clinical trials thread

https://www.annalsofoncology.org/article/S0923-7534(21)04498-7/fulltext#fig1

Not sure if I agree with everything the article says, but, this very detailed ESMO article gives recommendations for lines of therapy

In ER+ notice that targeted therapies are preferred to chemo for the first 2 lines in most cases. This should help more patients who don't respond and are interested in clinical trials be eligible due to the rigid restrictions of lines of chemo.

ER positive Second-line treatment after CDK 4/6 +ET

• o Selection of second-line therapy (ChT versus further ET-based therapy) should be based on disease aggressiveness, extent and organ function, and consider the associated toxicity profile.
  • o Alpelisib/fulvestrant is a treatment option for patients with PIK3CA-mutant tumours (in exons 7, 9 or 20), prior exposure to an AI (± CDK4/6 inhibitors) and appropriate HbA1c levels [I, B; ESMO-MCBS v1.1 score: 2; ESCAT score: I-A].
  • o Everolimus/exemestane is an option since it significantly prolongs PFS [I, B; ESMO-MCBS v1.1 score: 2]. Tamoxifen or fulvestrant can also be combined with everolimus [II, B]. If everolimus is used, stomatitis prophylaxis must be used.
  • o PARP inhibitor monotherapy (olaparib or talazoparib) should be considered for patients with germline pathogenic BRCA1/2 mutations [I, A; ESMO-MCBS v1.1 score: 4; ESCAT score: I-A] and as an option for those with somatic pathogenic or likely pathogenic BRCA1/2 or germline PALB2 mutations.
  • o At least two lines of endocrine-based therapy are preferred before moving to ChT

• Dee
Primary neuroendocrine breast cancer, on SERD trial ARV-471, failed Pfizer’s CDK 2/4/6 trial after 8 weeks Dx 5/23/2013, Right, 1cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/22 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 7/29/2013 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Dx 4/2019, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy 10/8/2020 Radiation Therapy External Chemotherapy Doxil (liposomal doxorubicin) Targeted Therapy Afinitor (everolimus) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole), Aromasin (exemestane), Fareston (toremifene), Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy Verzenio Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine)

Oct 22, 2021 11:20PM cure-ious wrote:

Apparently there is still a dearth of great mouse models that support extensive breast cancer metastasis. Scientists have now created a better model by engineering mice to express the human version of the hormone prolactin, and it supports more extensive metastases- in addition, they showed two different prolactin blocking drugs inhibited lung mets in the new mouse model,

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/10/2110...

Oct 23, 2021 08:31AM homemom wrote:

Cure-ious Reading that was very enlightening, thank you for sharing. It's interesting that I had a tough time producing milk when I tried to breastfeed any of my three children, yet I ended up with ER+ (97%) BC. I also took birth control pills from 19 to 33 y/o, but it was 21 years later that I was diagnosed.

The other takeaway I had was that I keep seeing each type of BC, take turns as the deadliest. Seven years ago I was diagnosed and told I had "good guy" cancer (oxymoron) because I can take a pill after treatment. Triple negative? We throw chemo at it and see if it works. HER+? Very aggressive, they will try to save your life! Fast forward to today --- Now the women who most die from BC are ER+?

The fact they now have this and at least one possible treatment if it spreads to the lungs, is exciting.

Dx 3/31/2014, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 3/29 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/15/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left) Surgery 5/6/2014 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander Chemotherapy 5/30/2014 AC Chemotherapy 7/25/2014 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 10/16/2014 Hormonal Therapy 12/15/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Oct 23, 2021 12:10PM elenas401 wrote:

Curious: Thanks for a sharing that info. I'm wondering why though we just don't hear more everyday about the research into Erso which seems to be the most promising thing on the Horizon for MBC. Whatever it takes to move it along quickly would be good, like the demand grew for HIV drugs years ago.

Dx 1/2017, Right, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Chemotherapy Chemotherapy Taxol (paclitaxel)

Oct 25, 2021 10:23AM gokale4320 wrote:

I keep googling ErSO to see if there is any news, and I find only articles from July 2021. Here is Bayer's website https://www.bayer.com/en/contact-us I used their "contact us" form to send them an email just now asking about clinical trials.

This page on the Bayer site https://www.bayer.com/en/pharma/access-investigati... show information on how to try a new drug that hasn't gotten FDA approval yet.

Page 284 of 312 (3,111 results)

Scroll to top button