Join Us

We are 221,759 members in 83 forums discussing 162,137 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Seattle Clinical Trial

Forum: Clinical Trials, Research News, Podcasts, and Study Results —

Share your research articles, interpretations and experiences here. Let us know how these studies affect you and your decisions.

Posted on: Oct 25, 2020 04:17PM - edited Oct 26, 2020 10:08PM by Jons_girl

Jons_girl wrote:

Hi just sharing a great clinical trial that women in the Seattle area could participate in if you don't know about this trial already. The study is for DWI which is a MRI without contrast basically. However you have to also have orders from your doctor for a screening MRI with contrast as well. They are researching if cancer can be found just as well without contrast. Or this is how I understand the study objectives. I am going to be a part of this study next month. They have started recruiting for this clinical study again after covid. The link below has more information about the study. I think it is a good cause....because I would love to be able to have another option for a diagnostic without contrast.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03607552

Breast cancer at age 49. Felt tumor. Wasn’t caught on mammo even after feeling tumor. Ultrasound caught my cancer. Dx 6/2017, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 7/5/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Oct 26, 2020 09:25AM - edited Oct 26, 2020 09:26AM by Jons_girl

bump

Breast cancer at age 49. Felt tumor. Wasn’t caught on mammo even after feeling tumor. Ultrasound caught my cancer. Dx 6/2017, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 7/5/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel

Oct 26, 2020 12:45PM MelissaDallas wrote:

You might edit your original post to be more specific as to purpose and goal. It is really vague and nonspecific as to what the purpose of the study is or or who can participate and why they would want to.

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor. Dx 5/20/2012, LCIS, Stage 0, 0/0 nodes

Oct 26, 2020 10:10PM Jons_girl wrote:

Hi Melissa: Sorry yes I guess I didn't share much info about the study! Sorry. I did just update the posting with a bit more info. I have not yet participated in the study.

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)